NASA announces new discovery May 14th

by joebin 21 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

They are saying that something out there "winked" at earth, something in the direction of Pleiades. Could the Watchtower magazine have been trumped on the biggest-Jehovah-story-ever by Science magazine? Stay tuned.

• sacolton
    sacolton

No big announcement.

/holds up sign ... "KEEP MOVING"

• Caedes
    Caedes

It looks like someone was over-egging the pudding.

http://www.badastronomy.com/

Youngest galactic supernova found

But that’s changed. After searching for literally decades, astronomers have found a supernova in our galaxy! It’s official name is G1.9+0.3, which doesn’t exactly make your heart sing, I know. But it’s very cool. It’s a remnant, the expanding gaseous debris from a supernova blast. It’s located very near the center of the galaxy, about 28,000 light years away, and it’s only at most about 140 years old.

Not exactly the sort of news that is of any interest to the general public.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

How can anyone see something 28,000 light years away, that's only 140 years old? The light would take 28,000 years to get here.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I haven't looked at the information yet... but my guess is that they found God really does live in the Pleiades cluster.

Oops just saw "sixofnine's" comment...guess we were on the same wavelength...

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Yes, it's official. Rutherford was right all along.

Sector map- Jehovah's throne

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Okay, so not as exciting as I was hoping for. This was rather along the line of "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT SOON!" postings. They tend to have the same unexciting announcements.

Maybe you need to be an astronomer to fully appreciate this one.

SusanHere

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    How can anyone see something 28,000 light years away, that's only 140 years old? The light would take 28,000 years to get here.

We're seeing it as it was 28,000 years ago... when it was only 140 years old.

It's like looking at a picture of an adult at age 3, yeah he's 50 years old now, but in the picture he's only 3 years old.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Lore

So it's really 28,140 years old.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    So it's really 28,140 years old.

Yep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit