06-01-08 WT Why God Saved Noah

by karvel 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Watchtower Society is treading water from the neck down, soon their head will go under, and they will be the ones drowned.

When was the last time that they had an article that deeply reviewed the statement on the cover of every Watchtower. "The Watchtower, Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom".

Jehovah's Kingdom, announcing it. This a political year when a new king ( PRESIDENT ) will take office here in the USA. Wouldn't it be time to review and update the most important announcement in the world? Move over you Kings, Presidents, Rulers etc. Look! Jehovah's Kingdom is being announced!

Instead they write all this other dribble that no one really cares about.

Blueblades, ( who remembers when we had 32 paragraphs with questions and answers to so - called deep studies about Jehovah's Kingdom.)

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's circular reasoning all around, enough to make one's head spin -- and maybe that's their object here.

The Bible is shown to prove itself throughout the article -- e.g., Noah was historical because 2 Bible genealogies say so. The flood had to happen because Jesus and Peter said so. The greater tribulation is coming because the Bible says the flood came. (My head is spinning already.)

The point -- you JW's had better be like Noah -- be different, join your leadership in the "us vs. the world" fight against humanity, and be strictly obedient like Noah was. This is all very cultish.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Circular reason at it's best. Who wrote the Bible. Misquoting Jesus.

Blueblades

• Galileo
    Galileo

As I read that article, I felt just like Noah must have after being on that ark for months with all those thousands of animals: Up to my neck in B.S.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Under the section labeled "Our Readers Ask," the second paragraph begins, "The historical document reads...." The Bible is a lot of things but it's not a history book, not in the sense we mean it today. Stupid people.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

OK, so this is obviously the kindergarten edition. When is the grown-up edition due?

This article is amazing. I'm lost for words. Or maybe it's because I've managed to distance myself from their way of reasoning for so long now that I'm able to see how surreal it really is.

But for an active JW, this will be a nice little article.

It's embarrassing to think about now, but it's not more than a few years ago that I didn't know what 'circular reasoning' was. Didn't know what it was! That's what growing up a JW and no higher education does to you, I suppose.

I'm sure half the unnamed 'scientists' they quote are young earth creationists, the other half misquoted or quoted entirely out of context.

I loved this little ditty:

Noah lived early in human history. He was born about a thousand years after the first man was created. People then were not the cavemen many envision - hairy, dimwitted creatures who slouched about with clubs in their hands.

No, The Watchtower; actually I don't think anyone envision that 'cavemen' were roaming the earth ~5000 years ago...

Oh, and it's not myth because there are names of places and dates in there, which aren't common in fairy tales. Oh, that settles that then...

I guess I'm one of the scoffers, who scoff with their scoffing scoff.

http://www.pages-igbp.org/science/initiatives/ipics/data/ipics_oldaa.pdf

http://www.asa3.org/aSA/PSCF/2003/PSCF12-03Seely.pdf

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah allowed Noah to live so at least some Drunks would continue through his family tree....today when a man gets drunk, strips naked and embarrases himself in-front of family, he is carrying on this noble tradition.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

God saved Noah so that a mind-control cult could make comparisons to
    the flood and the destruction and the salvation within the "ark."

Excellent scans of the magazine.

The article sure spends alot of time trying to convince the readers that the
    flood was real. But it is all one-sided.

• marmot
    marmot

Wow, that's maddening. About 8 months ago when I first started my fade all I got from people to whom I had voiced my concerns about the flood was: "Wait on Jehovah", except for those who told me to write in to the Society but that just adds a step to the process.

Now we see the answer that Jehovah cooked up in the meantime and it's a load of crap with circular logic topping. Just imagine if I had kept going to meetings for all this time.

• jeanV
    jeanV

I know this link was posted time and again, but for the benefit of newer ones I'll mention it again

http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/1st_corr.htm

the answers of the WTS should be shown to every JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit