06-01-08 WT Why God Saved Noah

by karvel 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JeanV, thanks for the link.

Wow, all these great questions on this thread. It leads me to wonder...

WHERE ARE THE "CELEBRATED JW SCHOLARS" TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?

Where is the deep research and clarity to answer some relatively simple, logical questions?

B the X

• winnower
    winnower

I can't believe you all are just skipping over the most devastating change. It is slipped in there so easily without great fanfare, as are all Watchtower changes. Later, JWs assume it has always been that way. I know most of you here are ex-JW, but I have to wonder how deep the manipulative reasoning has affected you still, to this day. Apparently the publication emphasises trival points to distract you from the impact of the most important changes. Take a look at page 5, second column. I quote: "we are told: 'The Nephilim proved to be in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and they bore sons to them, they were the mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame.' (Genesis 6:4)" First of all, this wording is different from what is actually in my Bible, which is an older King James. My Bible (Genesis 6:4) says "when the sons of God came in unto the daughters..." nowhere does it say the TRUE God. If the Nephilim were indeed the "True" sons of God, would that not negate this scripture: "For God so loved the world, that he gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTON SON....." In the Tyndale Bible (1534) it is worded "only son". (Ninety percent of the 1611 KJV was translated from the Tyndale Bible) (From the original Greek it translates "monogenes huios") So where did this word begotten come from? The word that is being translated as only begotten by the KJV is monogenes. The KJV translators liked to translate word-for-word when it was possible. So when they came to monogenes they translated mono as only and genes as begotten. Genos means "kind or type", ginomai is a verb of being. Hence the translations "one of a kind," "one and only," "of sole descent." Some scholars see the -genes element as having a minor impact upon the meaning of the term, and hence see monogenes as a strengthened form of monos, thereby translating it "alone," "unique," "incomparable." The TRUE GOD had ONE UNIQUE, INCOMPARABLE, SON. And though all religions erroneously teach that "Jesus came to die for our sins" that was not his purpose. What sense has that ever made to you? Really, think about it. Can you explain the "reasonableness" of this phrase? Does it seem logical to you? Jesus showed contempt for the political leaders and Temple worship. He spoke out against corruption and he bowed to no decree. He pointed out the hypocrasies. He locked horns with the priests, rabbis, and pharisees. He gave by example decisions that were moral even when they went against the "written rules" (i.e. Sabbath). He never held meetings in a Temple or any other structure. Jesus was a whistleblower. He exposed the corruption for what it was. Thats why the political powers and religious powers (fueled by the nephilim) hated him so much. And this was why he was murdered by nephilim descendants. How can christians make his death into something "glorious"? It was not. What is most important is to focus on the purpose of his life. His reason for coming was to inform people that the TRUE god was not to be found in any Temple. We have many clues concerning his contempt for the priests and rabbis and the way they made a business out of religion. He advocated against these wise-rds (wizards). Jesus came to teach people the importance of having feelings for others and to raise their consciousness. How else could the human race be transitioned from being barbarians who ate their own children and used human suffering for entertainment in the arena? Now, more about these Nephilim: The word Nephilim means "fallen ones". Jude, the brother of Jesus, describes them as "angels, having left their first estate in heaven." These fallen angels came to earth for a serious purpose. The Nephilim sought to merge with the bloodline of Adam, because of the promise to send a redeemer through Adam's kinsman. The sons of God saw that the women were a fit extention, for they thought to extend themselves into this realm, from the spirit realm as well as extend themselves into the "children of promise", the lineage of Adam. Satan tried to prevent the eventual birth, in the distant future, of the Messiah. The mating of human beings with angels resulted in hybrid creatures; evil spirits with human bodies. The human/angel hybrids began to corrupt and destroy the human race. This resulted in the Deluge, "the end of all flesh", except for Noah. Noah was spared because his bloodline was pure. See: (previous post) Scripture uses other names to describe these degraded fallen angels. "Rephaim" is from the root word rapha, meaning "spirits, shades" Gen. 14:5 "Anakim" meaning race of giants, descendants of Nephilim Num. 13:33 "Emim" meaning the proud deserters, terrors, race of giants Gen. 14:5 "Zuzim" meaning the evil ones, roaming things Gen. 14:5 "Zamzummims" meaning the evil plotters Deut. 2:20 "Zophim" meaning watchers, angels who descended Num. 23 "Seraphim" meaning the many The book of the Jubilees remarks that Jar-ed or Yah-red, an old testament partiarch, was so called, because in his days the angels descended upon the earth. Yah-rad means "descend". The book of Enoch explains that the sons of God descended first upon Mount Hermon, (which in Hebrew means "desolation") in the land of Jordan, the place of descent. The rebel angels intended to thwart Gods plan for the earth by destroying the descendants of Adam. Satan's goal in organizing the nephilim/human hybridization program was to pollute the bloodline that would produce Jesus the Kinsman Redeemer. By manipulating human genetics, whether through the guise of "alien abduction" or by supplying willing mortal accomplices with the proper technology...... Prophecy warns that advanced beings, the b' nai elohim, or "sons of god" (NOT GOD) will continue to decieve mankind. Although the Bible itself does indeed say that the sons of god genetically manipulate humans, they are NOT the CREATORS of the human race, but merely beings who pervert gods creation. These modern day sons of god that walk among us are the "hidden hierarchy". They claim to be preparing the earth for a "massive evolutionary shift of consciousness"; a "paradigm shift". They are pretending to have good intentions. The Watchtower is just one of many organizations under the control of this hierarchy. Their continuing plan is to "warn people of the impending disaster and their possible fate" while beginning to "re-educate" them. (more thought control and gentle re-programming them to align with the master plan.) They will gently begin to put forth that the human race CAN BE SPARED THIS DESTRUCTION if all will UNITE. (This is the same agenda worldwide....the same goal of the united nations, all religions, as well as the new age movement) This heirachy is designed to appear altruistic with the goal of uniting mankind under a global authority. The one who will take the throne as the global authority will not be the creator of the human race. This oneness movement, this call to unity, is the Great Deception spoken of in 2 Thessolonians 2:9. Those who do not love the truth will be taken in by this delusion. Another blasphemy used by the Watchtower is the word "Channel". They claim that the FDS is "their direct channel to god". Channeling is a spiritistic term. Channeling means to "conjure". This is a technique used by mediums to connect with "spirits of the dead" and evil influences. We have been specifically warned against doing this. Well, I have rambled on here more than I intended. But hopefully, those of you who absorb this information and take the time for this long read will better understand my future posts as I can go into greater detail about other matters.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Huh?????

Winnower, do you know Obves and JCanon?

• undercover
    undercover

Is this really the cover to the magazine???

Noah lived in a sepia toned world, except for the bird that just flew in from Margaritaville to be saved?

They must have laid off some of the art department back during the staff cuts...

• besty
    besty
    I can't believe you all are just skipping over the most devastating change.

Executive summary please Winnower.

• undercover
    undercover

Wow...they've really dumbed down the articles.

There so many holes in these articles, only brain-dead JWs will buy it at face value. Not all JWs, just the really dumb ones.

Maybe the Society is trying to weed out anyone who is too smart to accept this baloney at face value. Eliminate the trouble makers and naysayers and all you've got left are gullible people willing to accept anything and everything they spew. And then continue to market to dumb people...you don't want anyone willing to think too much.

• besty
    besty

I know this link was posted time and again, but for the benefit of newer ones I'll mention it again

http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/1st_corr.htm

the answers of the WTS should be shown to every JW.

I hadn't seen this before so was pleased to read about yet_another_pointless_correspondence with the WTS.

One sentence from the goons at bethel made me laugh - http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/5th_corr.htm

"Also, if a good quote is somewhat old or comes from what you call a non-scientific source, that does not invalidate the quote."

I think that sentence tells you everything you need to know about their intellectual (dis)honesty.

Reminds me of another good quote:

"I will look at any additional evidence to confirm the opinion to which I have already come." ~ Lord Molson, British politician (1903-1991)

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    "Also, if a good quoteis somewhat old or comes from what you call a non-scientific source, that does not invalidate the quote."

Makes you wonder why they don't like us quoting all those good quotes from their somewhat old literature... it sure doesn't invalidate the quote, per their own testimony!

• marmot
    marmot

Winnower, you're getting all tripped up over a non-issue. The WT has said before that the angels (including Nephilim) are indeed "sons" of god, but Jesus is the "only begotten" son meaning that he was the only creature made solely by Jehovah and without Jesus' assistance.

It's all a bunch of mythology anyway so it's like arguing over what Zeus ate for breakfast.

• loosie
    loosie

Why god saved noah? Because he likes old men who do crazy things just look at the governing body

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit