question....being hounded by some 'gifts in men'

by Brother Gallagher 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brother Gallagher
    Brother Gallagher

Im being hounded by elders intent on having a judicial hearing with me. Im recently separated, (i left my spouse) and I believe they are after me to DF me for adultery as Ive taken up with someone else. I havent returned their calls, (they've been coming the last 2 weeks or so) If I dont return their calls and just ignore them, will they leave me alone, or will they just DF me in absentia, even though I havent been formally contacted? I have absolutely zero contact with any former JW friends or any JW in general. My family is still in, but they are pretty much out of my life now anyways. thoughts? Brother Gallagher

• zeroday
    zeroday

They can DF you without you being at a JC if they have at least 2 witnesses to your infidelity (even to your cohabitation) my suggestion beat them to the punch and DA yourself...

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Disassociate yourself. Then they will piss off and leave you alone...

When I disassociated myself, they ran off like I was diseased. LOL

• Honesty
    Honesty

Send Postcards (I used 4 x 6 Index Cards) to all your JW acquaintances that say...

I've Disassociated

It will be announced on Thursday Night.

With the new announcement the JW's will think you've been fornicatin'

Wait a minute...

Why did you say they are hounding you?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Since you have family still in you may want to consider using a version of this letter from Doc Bob's website that can be found here: http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

Think carefully about da'ing yourself, because it is very difficult and painful to be shunned by your family. Even if the relationship is bad now, you may change your mind about them later. Using a version of the letter will hopefully get the elders off of your back without them taking any official action against you. Good luck and God bless.

• flipper
    flipper

GAllagher- Welcome to the board ! The elders will continue to hound you I'm afraid , like the U.S. government chased Geronimo the indian down till they caught him. If they have your address they will send you a written letter inviting you to a judicial committee meeting with them . If you don't attend the meeting - they will DF you , if there is enough prospective evidence of 2 witnesses against you knowing for sure of your adultery. If you don't have any family you want to stay connected with - why worry about it? On the other hand if there is NOT solid evidence against you, nor 2 witnesses, and you still want to keep in touch with JW family- if the elders DF you - appeal the decision. You have 7 days after they inform you to appeal it. I went through this last year, and the society overturned the DFing decision based on not enough evidence ! So- it depends which way you want to go friend ! Good luck to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is a good time to disassociate yourself. Or, just don't show up for their meeting. You will still be disfellowshipped, but they will have wasted their time and gas to have you not show up (if you show up, you will have also wasted your gas and time, plus give them the chance to bust up your new relationship.

Either way, I advise not so much as going to a boasting session. You do not want to go back to such a tyrannical organization. Instead, I suggest looking at the Bible totally independently. You might find that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is totally off base (and you might even find Christianity itself on faulty footing).

• milligal
    milligal

Sorry about your situation.

Did I mention I was df'd in a grocery store parking lot? Yes, sorry to say the elders will most likely keep hounding, and following you. Sometimes they will let it go when you haven't been to meetings in a long time, but not if there's a JW ex still active and sqwaking about the situation.

I cannot give any advice on this, all I can say is that even though I resisted getting df''d it was good for me in many ways-and a relief not to have an entire congregation of people breathing down my kneck. Best wishes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You gotta decide what to do. If they have two witnesses to something (like your spending
    the night with a member of the opposite sex) that will lead to a JC. If you ignore them, they
    will have it without you.

You could arrange to meet with two elders- the investigative committee. You could find out
    what they want to charge you with and how they feel they have enough evidence or not. They
    might not have their two witnesses and want you to confess. They might have what they
    need. Don't confess to anything, just agree to meet with two elders to see what they have to
    say.

If they want to have a JC, and seem to have evidence, I can only tell you what I would do. I
    already have my version of DocBob's letter prepared. I would submit it.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

You could always invite them at your place with your new partner.

Arrange for a exact time that when there knock on your front door, that your door is wide open and you are doing the "deed" in full view with your partner.

It will answer all their questions at once, even without them verbally asking!

A picture paints a thousand words! And so do noises too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit