For mothers who have lost a child - 2008

by Lady Lee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

On Mother's Day we often forget those who are mother's but never had the chance to hold their child. Some because they chose to give their child up for adoption. Others because of miscarriage or stillbirth. And some because they opted for abortions. And sadly some who lost their child due to sickness or the WTS' blood policy

And sadly some children are lost to the WTS and remained JWs after we left. We miss them dearly.

You are still MOTHERs. Many people forget your status. Many people don't want to remember. Perhaps some people don't know.

I am very lucky. I got to watch my children grow up. But I almost lost one by miscarriage. If I had lost her I would not be any less her mother.

My heart goes out to you all on Mother's Day. I don't know who you are. But please find a way to celebrate this part of you - Motherhood.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thanks for a beautiful thread. I have three, but have lost one. That one missing child still makes me lonely. Here is a poem I found that I love.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I cried. What a beautiful poem

(((momscrazy)))

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nice thread,LL

RIP Sean Smith

[Offtopic-we'll have to make one for fathers this year, too.]

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((lonelysheep)))

I have done one for Father's Day if I remember.

I also understand that other countries celebrate Mother and Father's Days (I think the UK is earlier that North America) in different months but hopefully they too can contribute to these threads

• chickpea
    chickpea

paul benjamin

~1990~

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

~1997

LL,

Yes, you did...that's right.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

[Offtopic-we'll have to make one for fathers this year, too.]

Yes, I've always felt that fathers were ignored when suffering stillbirth. So many of the cards and sympathies were directed to my wife only.
    It took many more years than my wife to accept Katy's death.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    It took many more years than my wife to accept Katy's death

bless your heart, mate.....

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

((((Hugss)))) to all who have lost their little ones! I did not lose a child, but lost my youngest brother on mothers day 2005 from Suicide. I was like his mother.. so this is a difficult time.

This song I'd like to share is special to me.. sad.. but beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dSwVLPCXQ

LTF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit