July 15th WT?

by cabasilas 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

So the "unsuitable fish" get thrown back in the lake to live free (and not get killed and eaten). Deal~! I will keep myself as undesirable as possible! Woo!

• Mary
    Mary

Here's the page I missed.....sorry about that:

July15par9-13.jpg picture by sam3217

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Mary! Good job!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Interesting. The Watchtower society devotes five paragraphs to explain how "leaven" can be good. They then go on to use this illustration how "growth" can be happening even when invisibile. Bible twisters. I take from this that membership is either stable or dropping. Not so many stories of spectacular growth, I guess.

They then go on to use the dragnet illustration to exhort people to return to the society. I take it from this that studies are dropping off, and adult children are not coming back as they used to.

19 As with the unsuitable fish, many who have once studied the Bible with Jehovah's people have stopped studying. Some born to Christian parents have never really wanted to become footstep followers of Jesus. They have been unwilling to make the decision to serve Jehovah or after serving him for a while have ceased doing so *. (Ezek. 33:32, 33) It is imperative, though, that all honesthearted ones allow themselves to be gathered into the vessellike congregations before the final day of judgement and to remain in a place of safety.

*Does this mean that everyone who has stopped studying or associating with Jehovah's people have been thrown away as unsuitable by the angels? No! If someone sincerely desires to return to Jehovah, he will find the way open. - Mal. 3:7.

Christian = only Jehovah’s Witnesses

…never really wanted….sincerely desires…. = imparting motives on others. No-one knows another’s motives.

footstep followers, honesthearted, vessellike = made-up language from the society. Did Jesus ever talk about "footstep followers"? What kind of imagery is implied from the use of these words? Are we really to frog-march our way through our Christian life, or are we to walk alongside, being supported and supporting in return? (John 8:12, 1 John 2:6)

This is good news for those of us who have been predicting the Watchower's decline.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Note too the words that will come back to bite in later years: "When God carries out his judgements against the present system of things, people will be forced to recognize that the message Jehovah's witnesses preached in pubic places and from house to house acually ORIGINATED WITH THE ONE TRUE GOD Jehovah, and that the Witnesses really did serve as HIS REPRESENTATIVES."

You're joking! They don't really say that, do they?

*scuttles off to check*

Eegads, they DO! (p.11 par.17). And that Joel statement! Yikes.

This made me laugh too:

"The small group of anointed ones associated with the Kingdom work early in the 20th century had no way of knowing that by the year 2008, about seven million Witnesses would be engaging in this work in over 230 lands" (p.18 par.6)

No, of course they had no way of knowing! The Millennium was going to start by 1914191519251930s1940s etc etc.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Where is page 11 para 17? I need to see tha quote.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Sometimes you read something they write, and their arrogance is so overwhelming it makes you gasp. Yep... they did it again.

Somehow it is right that they have likened themselves to the Leaven and the tree, which are truely corruption of God's Kingdom, maybe they will have some more new light and call themselves weeds soon.

Something else interesting. Jesus is only mentioned when it comes to saying "jesus Parables". The means of salvation always points to them, not him. Some fine servants they are, when they do not honor their master, unless they happen to serve a different one?

love

CL

• Mary
    Mary
    Where is page 11 para 17? I need to see that quote.

I believe that's a different study article......I'll scan it tonight when I get home.

• Mary
    Mary
    issacaustin said: Where is page 11 para 17? I need to see tha quote.

Paragraph11.jpg picture by sam3217

• garybuss
    garybuss

Bullshit in a Baby Ruth wrapper still stinks and this Watchtower isn't passin' the smell test. Jesus didn't show, so he returned invisibly, the world didn't end, so it ended invisibly, but the Society's growth is slowing and now, growth is going to be invisible too. Well . . . if that doesn't add a red egg to the omelet!

Invisible growth? I suppose they'll toss up a few invisible Halls to take care of a few invisible meetings for that invisible growth. I can't wait to read the rest of this issue! Hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit