Several million people can't be wrong, can they?

by easyreader1970 14 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Millions can not be wrong?

Great liars are also great magicians. How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.
    - Adolf Hitler

same place my mind went ..... that and the present US administration

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yea , I used to suffer the same misconception, after all, I had been in it since I was a little kid.

Especially when I went to District Conventions

I can remember standing and singing at Twickenham {London} among tens of thousands "We Thank You Jehovah" was the rousing chorus, and it choked me up. I just knew that this was where it was at.

There a lot of good men about when i was a young man , elders who were superior character's to anyone that I could see in "the world" ..I respected them . If these men believed it so fervently, then it must be right - so I thought....

It was born out of a lack of experience, and a lack of knowledge - thank God for the Intenet !

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I felt just like BluesBrother for years when I went to assemblies... I would choke up too when I would sing them damn Kingdom Melodies...

But my last assembly day was also my last meeting. I got different vibes from the org at that point and saw through the lies... Then I realized that thousands, yes millions, were all wrong...

A@G

• Undecided
    Undecided

If you can't find who is right, how do you know who is wrong? I'm talking about finding God. I just can't seem to get any evidence of his actions in the present. The things that was told about God in the past doesn't seem like someone I would like to worship.

Ken P.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    But I just wasn't able to make a complete mind break. I wanted to be part of that. And, of course, I was plagued with the "what if they're right?" question. That's one that ties up alot of people. I have a sister-in-law now that keeps going out and coming back in. She'll leave, wonder if the JWs are right, come back for a while, leave, and so on.

There are so many trigger scriptures the WTS uses that add that horrible guilty feeling or the "what if" angst when one begins to see the deception. It pulls us back in.... then we fade out some more.... then we begin to think about one of the trigger scriptures.... so we feel guilty.... then we get scared.... then the "what if they're right" worry starts.... so we go back for a while.... but something feels lacking.... so we fade away again.... then we get a visit from the elders.... then they quote more trigger scriptures along with added commentary on their part.... so we feel worthless and more guilty.... so we go back.... and we try harder.... but it just isn't there anymore.... so we fall away again until we finally just stop going altogether. But....every now and then, one of those trigger scriptures creeps into our mind and the worry and angst are felt yet again.

Mine (the one that made me worry) was: "Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones fining it." (Matt. 7:13,14 NWT) I would think that the JWs are such a small organization compared to the other religions, surely they are the "narrow gate"....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Only when I really began my spiritual search from a place of peace and right intention, did I begin to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit