Several million people can't be wrong, can they?

by easyreader1970 14 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

That was the question that I asked myself for many years when I struggled to believe the deceptive texts flowing forth from the Watchtower.

Sure, this doesn't make any damn sense to me but apparently it does to six million other people. They can't all be wrong, can they? Especially when I went to District Conventions I had my fears and doubts temporarily satisfied. I'd be in a coliseum full of five thousand other believers. Certainly we all have it right! I just need to adjust my thinking!

But I just wasn't able to make a complete mind break. I wanted to be part of that. And, of course, I was plagued with the "what if they're right?" question. That's one that ties up alot of people. I have a sister-in-law now that keeps going out and coming back in. She'll leave, wonder if the JWs are right, come back for a while, leave, and so on.

I have reached a point now where I can see through everything. Not with just the JWs (who tell you that all OTHER religions are frauds) but with everybody.

er

• chikikie
    chikikie

test

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked oneā€¦so, I suppose the answer must be "yes" several million people can be wrong.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Yes, frequently!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I know they can't all be RIGHT! So many are sure to be wrong.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they claim that 6 billion people are wrong.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

There are many many "doubting Thomas'" in the world, eventually and hopefully, it will all be resolved by the divine presence in the universe

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I have reached a point now where I can see through everything. Not with just the JWs (who tell you that all OTHER religions are frauds) but with everybody.

I think I get what your saying, I have developed some sort of B.S. detector, I can usually detect a fraud or a con a mile away.

The question if millions can be wrong well just look at history. I think it was Hitler that said the greater the lie, the greater the chance that it will be believed.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Millions can not be wrong?

Great liars are also great magicians. How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.
    - Adolf Hitler

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

That same question crossed my mind as well.

But, then I asked myself the typical question. If thousands of people were jumping off a bridge would I do so as well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit