Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-11-08 WT Study (CRIES)

by blondie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks for the review Blondie. The watchtower's explanation of God's allowance of adversity rings really hollow. What would you think of a good friend that had the capability to come to your aid in a time of trouble but never showed up to help? Would you continue to trust and rely on that friend?

The article about the 19 years ending in 1931 was enlightening. I always thought they said the cut-off date was 1935. I must have missed something along the way. It was quite entertaining to read that it became apparent that the parable had nothing to do with the selection of the annointed. It has become apparent that they are just making things up as they go along also.

I agree that the watchtower uses the OT much more than the NT. It suits their purposes better. After all, where would they be without their God of judgement and vengence?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Between these cry together articles and the bookstudy Bible burden Governing Body letter, it seems to me like the Society is taking a patronizing tone with the Witness people. We've long known the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation dislikes Jehovah's Witnesses and the Society is trying less and less to not show it.

No wonder any Witness with two functioning brain cells is quitting (or going on strike). :-)

Those dummies, this isn't gonna work! The genie's outta the bottle.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie ! This article is truly worthy of the Kool-Aid edition, destined only for the eyes of the R&F, and away from any thoughtful examination.

Let's carefully reconsider the OT example in para 13. Here, this event in the life of David is truly a stupid choice. Who was David's enemy in this example? Was it some wicked, evil, child-burning pagan sent as an agent of the Devil? Why no, not at all ! This enemy of David was none other than "the anointed of Jehovah," King Saul ! So, here we have an example of Jehovah's beloved servant David fleeing from Jehovah's beloved, anointed King Saul ! So, Jehovah has to protect one of his servants from another one of his servants? Hey, who was in charge around there?

And, which wife helped him escape? Why, it was Saul's daughter Michal, who later got mixed up with another dude, but went back to David, then didn't love David, so David ignored her. While David's relationship with Michal was rocky, David always loved, and hugged, and kissed her brother Jonathan! Wow, what a duo! But Jonathan got killed, David wept a lot, and then he boinked a married woman, killed her husband, etc. So Jehovah punished David by killing innocent people and causing domestic problems that caused fighting and death.

Truly an inspiring example of Jehovah helping his servants, eh? Who needs Satan, when you have Saul, Michal, David, and other OT servants of Jehovah like that?

"Oh Jehovah, protect me from those evil people that serve... um... YOU !!"

B the X

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Blondie, you are a doll. I think I can speak for everyone here by saying that we appreciate your hard work and insights into the comments. Thanks, Kiddo!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can almost hear the faithful saying "Ooh, what a lovely Watchtower!!" as they clutch their heavily underlined copies of this mag..It is deigned to give a warm glow to the heart of the flock, by telling them that no matter how hard life really is, God cares for them and that their suffering will soon end ....Platitudes , comfort talk, nothing more ...Did not Jesus criticise the Pharisees for saying "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed" and then turning away from the poor ?

It is all just talk .and the dubs that I know are starting to see through it and complain that the elders and the congregation does nothing personally to help them. (Oh I forgot, they will soon have Tuesday night at home to Bible Study watch telly.)

"1]ARE you experiencing distress'? If so, you are not alone. Millions are struggling to cope with the day-to-day pressures of living"

Is that really a new phenomenon? Try reading a little local history and see how your parents, grandparents and great grandparents lived..There is "nothing new under the sun"

7. We can certainly be assured that Jehovah is willing and able to assist us when we are afflicted with distresses.

Yes, but how?

8]We try to stop worrying and patiently trust in him to care for our needs. (Matt. 6:25-32) Such trust requires humility, not relying on our own strength or wisdom

Trust? Humility? It seems like you just have to take it and learn to live with it and if you benefit from the welfare and efforts of others in "Satan's" world - you thank Jehovah and his Org.

12] The owner assures the employee that he understands the situation and reveals that the manager will soon be removed from his position

A silly illustration...and supposing that the "Soon" lasted a lifetime and nothing changed, would a wise person still trust the promise?

15] searched for life experiences that have been published, looking for accounts of those who have gone through something similar to what you face? You may find these to be very strengthening.

The ones that I know find these to be de motivating..Just because Sister X can Pioneer on a wooden leg and still raise a family, does nothing to help another person in a different circumstance

19. Until that time, we continue to deal with the distressing conditions of this wicked world.

Continue, and continue - How long will they keep "Hanging on"

I am so glad that I can see through it now, there was a time when I would have conducted this study and really believed it

P S EDIT...Blondie gave a link to a site that has a lot of really old WT books. I flicked through C T Russell's "Millenial Dawn - Divine Plan Of The Ages " He said this all that time ago - nothing changes !

And from the prophets we learn that this kingdom is soon to be established in the earth; that under its wise and just administration all the families of the earth will be blessed with a most favorable opportunity to prove themselves worthy of everlasting life
  • blondie
    blondie

AAG, I like to point out the terms like "soon" "threshold" "very soon" "very soon now" etc that the WTS has used over the last 129 years. Even Noah only had a wait period of 120 years and he supposedly had a much longer life span than humans today. jws grasp at every disaster saying it proves the end is close; I even knew several that kept a journal of the disasters. "At a time you think it not to be..............."

HI jgnat, we are planning our flowers and garden but it's too cold to plant yet. Comfort from the BORG....means not going to the visitation of a jw's non-jw spouse, or parent or sibling. It means elders saying they don't like hospitals and being around sick people and that is why they don't visit anyone there. Here is one area that the men are glad to hand off the responsibility to the women....Wasn't Jesus reluctant to be around sick people?!

Honesty, every day I miss a meeting and no longer associate with my negative family, is a day more that I heal in. But that is what abused people discover when the get away from the abuser.

OMG, that is like saying that God allows us to suffer from cancer to teach us how to endure.

(James 1:13) 13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. . .

Hey, R&R, the WTS keeps themselves out of the helping loop by putting the blame on God when nothing happens. The WTS fails to recognize that things are accomplished through humans. The WTS misses many opportunities to give practical help freely to its members, not asking them instead to sign over their insurance after rebuilding the homes of jws after a disaster. When a elderly jw is helped to the doctor, has their house cleaned, food prepared, it is at the expense of individual jws, not the congregation or the organization.

Hello, bronzefist, are you saying that the adversities that remain are the "old school elders"? Old school elders are being removed around here, about 10 were removed by the CO 2 visits ago. It is the new ones that are toeing the line now learning what happens to those that don't.

choosing life, it only shows how reliable their explanations are. Makes you see that holy spirit from God can't be behind there interpretations. But since they say they are God's representative on earth, disagreeing with them means disagreeing with God.

Good points, Uncle Gary.

No wonder any Witness with two functioning brain cells is quitting (or going on strike). :-)

I see a lot of passive aggressive actions. jws today do as little as possible and still insure "everlasting life."

BTXG, good summation.

Let's carefully reconsider the OT example in para 13. Here, this event in the life of David is truly a stupid choice. Who was David's enemy in this example? Was it some wicked, evil, child-burning pagan sent as an agent of the Devil? Why no, not at all ! This enemy of David was none other than "the anointed of Jehovah," King Saul ! So, here we have an example of Jehovah's beloved servant David fleeing from Jehovah's beloved, anointed King Saul ! So, Jehovah has to protect one of his servants from another one of his servants? Hey, who was in charge around there?
    And, which wife helped him escape? Why, it was Saul's daughter Michal, who later got mixed up with another dude, but went back to David, then didn't love David, so David ignored her. While David's relationship with Michal was rocky, David always loved, and hugged, and kissed her brother Jonathan! Wow, what a duo! But Jonathan got killed, David wept a lot, and then he boinked a married woman, killed her husband, etc. So Jehovah punished David by killing innocent people and causing domestic problems that caused fighting and death.

I never understand why David is considered a good example; adultery, murder, census--selecting a punishment for 70,000 innocent people, rape of his wives, death of his first son by Bathsheba, and in all of this David kept living.

Thanks, Tired of The Hypocrisy.

Yes, Bluesbrother

It is all just talk .and the dubs that I know are starting to see through it and complain that the elders and the congregation does nothing personally to help them

I know 2 jws who finally complained to the CO about not being shepherded. They were visited and scriptures shared and 3 weeks later no contact, no practical help, nothing has changed. They are both seeing the light.

BTW Russell felt that the end would come in 1914. I wonder if he imagained that it would be 2008 and the WTS would still be saying "soon"?

http://ctr.reslight.net/1914.html

Good comments, everyone.

Love, Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Talk about leading questions:

Q 1, 2. (a) How do many today feel! (b) Why are we not surprised by this?
    Q 3. Of what are God’s people keenly aware?
    Q 5. King Solomon was confident of what?
    Q 7. What support is assured for us?

They really don't allow for any deviation of the lessons.
    These questions only allow for the set answers. I know it's always been like that,
    but these types of questions are really insulting to the intelligence.

Could you imagine this?
    Q 1, 2. (a) How do many today feel! "Brother OTWO"
    "I feel pretty good today. The sun is shining. I don't live in Myanmar where
    people are suffering because their own government won't allow outside aid.
    I already got some field circus in this month, so a bunch of us are going to
    enjoy the day after we get out of here."

I know my example is extreme, but come on. It's the old game of making
    predictions for the last days, then self-fulfilling them. (Is that a word?)

Here's another:
    Q 5. King Solomon was confident of what? "Brother OTWO"
    "I imagine that he was pretty confident of himself in the sack. I mean all those
    wives and concubines. They knew they better act pleased by him or else they
    would miss their next several turns- perhaps even years of turns. They probably
    did whatever it took to please him, including faking total satisfaction. Can any man
    today even imagine such a life for a guy?"

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

blondie...

I enjoyed your comments as usual.... you obviously put a lot of time and effort into it.... this particular article seems to scream "we dont give a $hit about you, buck up and go to meetings"

It means elders saying they don't like hospitals and being around sick people and that is why they don't visit anyone there. Here is one area that the men are glad to hand off the responsibility to the women....Wasn't Jesus reluctant to be around sick people?!

hmmmm.....isnt this soooo true...and ironic...the HLC's (Hospital Liason Committees) in the US all have PVGs (Patient Visitation Groups) assigned under their watch. Elders on a PVG are supposed to go to the hospitals they are assigned to (they volunteered for this gig) and check to see if any JWs have checked in (assuming that the JW patient has checked that they want JW "pastoral" visits, allowing the hospital to release that info and not be in violation of HIPAA)..and also the local elders are supposed to contact PVG/HLC and let them know if local members are in the hospital so the PVG can be proactive and visit....this is not about the blood issue..that is when HLC steps in....PVG is solely for the purpose of visiting JWs in the hospital that they are assigned to and encouraging them and making sure they and their families are taken care of physically, emotionally, and of course (GAG) spiritually.

I was on a PVG locally. Since both the hospitals in our town are smaller and dont get much JW traffic (most go to nearby larger metropolitan hospitals), we didnt have much to do. However, I noticed, as the newest member of the 4 elder PVG in our town, I was the one called ...not by elders in congos...but by other members of my PVG... Here is how the conversation would go:

Fellow PVGer: "Ummm... Brother Snakes...would you go to ACME General Hospital and visit Sister So-and-So?" (who was often not a popular or well-liked dub)

Snakes: "Sure...I will meet you there." (no problem, since both hospitals are extremely close to my home)

PVGer: "Ummmm...Brother Snakes, could you go by yourself? I have ...ummm...'something' to take care of" (as Snakes hears football game on TV in background)

Snakes: "well...ok...... by the way....what's the score?"

PVGer: " 35-10 home team los.....uhhh.....damn..." (Phone hangs up: Click) (soooo busted...football more important than your fellow dub)

This actually happened to me....The other 3 elders...2 had been charter members of the PVG, the other added at the same time as I. Those buggers would say anything not to go....unless it was someone that was part of the A list members of the local congos...then I would never hear about it...the others would go... and make a huge a$$ show of being there.

so much for caring and compassionate elders in a "loving provision" (PVG) from Jehovah

Snakes ()

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good point OTWO about the questions.... If you didn't have a WT in front of you, the questions would make no sense whatsoever... Since I don't have my WT in front of me, I'll answer the questions directly.

Q 1, 2. (a) How do many today feel!

Well, I feel frustrated that my JW wife went off to the meeting leaving me all by my lonesome... There's plenty we could do had she stayed home... (see OTWO's comments on par.5, LOL)

(b) Why are we not surprised by this?

People in a cult put the cult 1st and their family second.

Q 3. Of what are God’s people keenly aware?

Given the number of faders going to meetings, these faders among God's people are keenly aware that the whole WTS thing is a load of BS....

Q 7. What support is assured for us?

That the number of weekly meetings will be reduced. This will help many families be able to spend time together in non-WTS related activities. This is a wonderful support.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Well Blondie, Jesus cried, Jesus wept, tears flowed many times for him on different occasions. Yet he had to wait until he was tortured and murdered and only then was he heard and brought back to life ( if you believe what was said in hearsay many years ago ). So, friend, if it was good enough for Jesus to have to wait for relief, you better get use to suffering and wait your turn for the relief to come, real soon, oh look! here it comes ! sorry, new light! Things have changed, just a little while longer, hang in there.

Blueblades ( I'm out of Kleenex )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit