Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-11-08 WT Study (CRIES)

by blondie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Blondie,

Once again thanks for the hard work dissecting the WT. I really don't know how you do it.... my blood pressure would be through the roof.

Hope you are well (as well as possible).

Cheers,

Alex

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Blondie...you said: Old school elders are being removed around here, about 10 were removed by the CO 2 visits ago. It is the new ones that are toeing the line now learning what happens to those that don't.

Lots of newly appointed elders still have their heads up their butts that's true...I've know a couple of them that went into the "board room" thinking that they'd be able to make some needed changes....but, alas they got shot down by the "old school" PO that is still living in the early 50's. The same one that told me, "It's ALWAYS the woman that intices the man into commiting adultery."

brzfst

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2
    18. Fifth, always keep in focus the marvelous fact that Jehovah will soon relieve mankind of all distresses.

LIARS!! They in fact preach a gospel of hate, fear, doom and destruction where 99% of the human race will be massacred in the near future with no prospect of a resurrection. They preach a God who will slaughter everyone on the planet for all eternity who does not have a "scriptural" hope of everlasting life. That means JWS ONLY! The Watchtower quote (and there are others) Blondie put up proves that this is what the Watchtower superfine apostles actually preach.

This loathsome and FALSE version of God keeps the rank and file in MORBID FEAR of ever disobeying God's "fine channel that is surely unique"..their spiritual masters, the Watchtower superfine apostles, the Governing Body.

The JW message is that God is a horrible, merciless monster who makes Hitler and Pol Pot look like the tooth fairy. It is not much better the Catholic version of God as a horrible, merciless monster who roasts sinners for all eternity in a burning hell.

I LOVE YOU. I'LL KILL YOU

REJECT the true Watchtower version of God and mankind's future. Love throws fear outside. Satan is the manslayer, not Jesus.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Blondie,

Thanks for your efforts in trawling through this material - wow it really brought back memories! I suddenly felt the doom and gloom, that the Watchtower wanted us to feel, so it could hold out the needed works and the carrot of paradise.

I always wondered what the point of praying for something was when we had to work for it anyhow? And how come some people got their prayers answered (according to the person involved) when others did not?

I'd say life is tough of course but we can maintain a happy outlook by our mental attitude, not trying to believe someone else's dream fantasy.

I think if I was still attending today, i'd have switched off at the first paragraph as the article followed the same pattern as last week and the week before and...

CS101

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

You rock my world!!!

• blondie
    blondie

OTWO, the WTS directs that the first question be directly answered by the first answer, then jws can comment on other points but only in the paragraph. The rank and file have been directed, and the conductor, not to bring in other information. I can remember 2 older jws that always brought in researched material from the dictionary, Bible dictionary. I think these policies would have put a muzzle on Fred Franz. He always departed from the outline.

Also, the WTS neglected to mention Solomon's many activities, money, that he was the king, his fancy homes, and his 1,000 women; also evidently Solomon was confident that he could have many wives with different religious backgrounds.

Snakes, thanks for a good explanation of how the PVG/HLC "really" operates.

AAG, the WTS feels if they say something often enough, it must be true and the rank and file know the dangers of disagreeing. I remember an account where a brother held up a green bible and said if the WTS said it was black, it was black.

"If the Society told me that this book is black instead of green, I would say, `Y'know, I could have sworn that it was green, but if the Society says it's black, then it's black!' (spoken by Bart Thomson, WTS District Overseer, by Raymond Franz in Crisis of Conscience, p. 296.)

Blueblades, so true, but then Jesus only waited 3 days to be resurrected, not thousands of years; and when Jesus prayed, angels appeared to minister and support him, Jesus was only on earth 33 1/2 years, and only 3 1/2 as the Messiah, not the 129 years plus the WTS has been declaring the end is near.

(Luke 22:43) 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.

Hi Alpaca, I do it a few paragraphs at a time and then take a break; I have confidence that people do leave, when the time is right for them.

You got the picture, bronzefist.

yadda, sometimes the WTS inserts "obedient" mankind; which still means only jws.

Hello cyberdyne, if you had heard the recent CO talk after the book study, you would have heard that jws that leave the WTS all end up pregnant and unmarried, drug addicts, alcoholics, having AIDS, shot in a gangland driveby and paralyzed......etc. Not a single success story one and yet here we all are, out and productive.

Hi Irreverent, you rock my world too, hubbie.

Love, Blondie

• studier
    studier

Thank you for once again dissecting (or is that digesting) the newest food for us and thereby making it easier to swallow!!

studier

• blondie
    blondie

studier, I am glad to be able to just post the WT material for those who wonder what friends and family in the BORG are being infected with. My comments are much like the ones that occurred to me when I was still in the BORG.

Love, Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    2. As Christians, we are not surprised by the distresses of life. We understand that "pangs of distress" are part of the foretold sign of Jesus' presence. (Mark 13:8; Matt. 24::3) The original language word rendered "pangs of distress" refers to the intense pain experienced during childbirth. How accurately that describes the intensity of people's suffering in these "critical," or "fierce," times that are so "hard to deal with" --2 Tim. 3:1; Kingdom Interlinear.

As per usual, they overly dramatize everything in their quest to make everyone feel that things are 10 times worse than what they are. There has never been a time in human history when we didn't experience "distress" or "pressures" that seem unbearable. The very fact that they had to quote King David, who lived thousands of years ago, proves that nothing has really changed with time, and that life back then could be just as stressful as it is today. But of course, no one sitting at the KH will view it that way. It'll be lapped up as "further proof" that we are living in "the Last Days".

3. Jehovah's people are keenly aware that they are not immune to the effects of these distresses, and in all likelihood, adverse conditions will get even worse. In addition to what is experienced by mankind in general, as God's servants we also face an "adversary, the Devil," who is determined to undermine our faith. ( 1 Pet, 5:8)

Another great example of their inflated sense of self. In essence, what this paragraph is saying is that even though mankind in general suffers day to day 'distress', Jehovahs Witnesses have it 10 x worse because we're "special" and Satan hates us more that the average Joe, proving that we are right and everyone else is wrong.'

How easy it would be to feel as David did: "Reproach itself has broken my heart, and the wound is incurable. And I kept hoping for someone to show sympathy, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none"!-Ps. 69:20.

Well for once they got it right: if you're 'weak' in the Troof, or are depressed or lonely, or have perhaps lost a family member in death, you wouldn't want to hold your breath waiting for someone to show you much sympathy or comfort, because it generally ain't there.

We can certainly be assured that Jehovah is willing and able to assist us when we are afflicted with distresses. "God is for us a refuge and strength, a help that is readily to be found during distresses." (Ps. 34:15-18; 46:1) How does God provide that help? Consider what 1 Corinthians 10:13 says: "God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for you to be able to endure it." Jehovah may manoeuver matters to remove our adversity, or he may give us the strength we need to endure it. Either way, we are helped.

Hmmmm......I wonder if that applies to those who were disfellowshipped for appearing on Dateline or 20/20 after fall victim to sexual predetors in the congregation who were (supposedly) appointed by the Holy Spirit to protect them from the evils of the world.

12. How can we have peace of mind while undergoing distresses? Consider an illustration that in some respects matches our situation. An employee may work under an abusive manager. However, the employee has an opportunity to express his feelings to the owner of the company, who is a kind, reasonable man. The owner assures the employee that he understands the situation and reveals that the manager will soon be removed from his position.

And if that "soon" turns out to be 130 years and still no sign of the manager getting a pink slip, how likely would it be that anyone would believe the owner was actually going to do something about this situation? The original employee would be long dead, his kids would be old themselves, yet they'd still be instructed not to 'lose faith'?? Give me a frigging break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit