Cynical Post By Hillary-Step ...

by snowbird 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

When I think of Hillary_Step

I think..."love unbound"...and such...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh well, to each his own said the little old lady as she kissed her cow.

Smooches H-S - you don't have to smooch back. Smooches everyone! Happy smooch day! And Sunday is happy smooch mom day in the U.S.A.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I won't defend hillary_step as he can do that quite well on his own.

Instead I will simply ask this: Are you sure you take the meaning of that quote in the manner in which he meant? Sorry, it's late and I'm in a bad way right now, so forgive the poor grammar.

One of my all-time favorite books from my childhood is battered, rough around the edges from so many readings so that no one I've ever shown the book to wants to read it ... but inside it holds a treasure trove of a story.

I've learned over the years to pay attention to exactly what he says, but pay even more attention to what he says between the lines. I take this quote as something different from what you do. Again, I don't mean to speak for him and if I am wrong I do apologize. I'm just a spare so what do I know?

Chris

• trevor
    trevor

It seems that Hillary_Step is simply pointing out that a discussion board like this one, has its place but it is not real life.

I think it is entertaining and at times helpful to people leaving the JW set up. But it is a mistake to take it too seriously and become emotional involved at a deeper level.

Deep emotion should be reserved for life and real live friends that we can hug and look at. People come here to let off steam or enjoy the 'self directed emotional masturbation' that HS referred too.

There is at times genuine emotion , usually shown by the less seasoned punters. The old timers just like a good scrap and a chance to show off - myself included.

Those that spend huge amounts of time here and see it as a substitute for real life interaction are setting themselves up for depression.

trevor

• fifi40
    fifi40

It horses for courses

In real life there are people who are very affectionate towards others and there are peole who are less so. There are people who easily get involved in others affairs and people who shy away from this. For me I can empathise with a persons situation but unless I know them personally I find it difficult to shower them with love and affection and if I am honest I find those kind of displays a little false. But that is just my opinion.

As for HS I personally find him to be one of the funniest, quick witted (if at times a little caustic), intelligent and to me genuinely honest posters on here (that is not to say others are not honest but he is honest in a quite bluint fashion, which sits well with me). He would definitely be in my top 3 of posters I would like to have a beer with and discuss the great mystery life is. And as for his mind I can quite honestly say I love the way in which it apparently works...........but I think HS would understand this kind of comment on love.

Fi

• Priest73
    Priest73

***Edited to add I should have done my homework before I posted.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Enough!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit