I think I'm a Ghost

by Peppermint 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"Peppermint, were you raised a JW? If not, give it time. Also, try to reconnect with your former life. Go back to doing the healthy things that the JW's took from you.

If you were raised as a JW? I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps people who were raised JW's can tell you how to move on.

I don't hardly think about life as a JW."

FHN - My mum was a JW but not my dad, we were banned from going to meetings but had a study every week, went to my first meeting at about 15. So I never really had a former life to return to. Left at about 35 so thats the best years of my life spent in polyester examining door furniture. It's an interesting point you raise though, it does seem easier for people who are converted to move on - its easier to damage a young mind I guess.

Wednesday - Thanks for the links

Jaguarbass - "The lazy streak in me that allowed me to kick back and go to meetings allows me to kick back and post here instead of doing something more meaningfull."

I have that lazy streak also, so I may be here for some time yet.

• oompa
    oompa

Peppermint, I liked your questions, as I am a totally raised in ghost. I have not really moved on yet, and spend too much time on JWD. Even ghosts have a purpose though, maybe we should go make some noise!....scare some people? The bottom line is that we do not miss the busy meeting schedule, door dwelling, or the judgements and lies.....but we miss interaction with people similar to us (thus JWD), we miss friends....I do....I had some really close friends and it hurts me to no longer be included. If it is ONLY the social aspect we miss, we have to replace that by taking action.....this is very hard for me as my wife and son are sooooo active as JW's. If you are solo.....you are free..... free to be "me"..........so go make some real friends..........oompa

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Oompa - "Even ghosts have a purpose though, maybe we should go make some noise!....scare some people?"

Thanks for your comments oompa and I'm always available for a bit of Kingdom hall haunting.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Peppermint, if you are in your early forties, there could be something going on with you that happens to most people in life. It happened to me for about three months when I turned 41. Some call it the midlife crisis. I did a thread about it here at JWD and after I submit this post, I will go find the link and come post it for you and others. There was some very good response to the thread and some very good wisdom shared.

At your age, people tend to stop, reflect on their childhood, youth and young adulthood. They reflect on their thirties as well. They mourn the loss of youth. They shudder when they realize they are only 20 or so years away from 60. They review accomplishments, face regrets and face the inevitability of aging. It's a sobering yet necessary assessment we all must do. And the good news is that when you're finished with it, you tend to feel much more comfortable in your own skin. You realize you have accumulated quite a bit of wisdom. And you feel proud of that wisdom and experience.

Do you have a wife and children who are inside the org? Are your parents alive? It's actually very exciting to think of the next half of your life with freedom from the org. So many doors have just opened to you. And I am certain you have at least a few good memories of times as a JW, don't you? Really, I promise you, things are going to get so much better. I left physically at 31. Mentally I left completely at 42. I am so glad to be out! No matter what life throws at me, it's a heck of a lot easier to carry withouth the watchtower millstone alone my neck.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Peppy, here is the link to my midlife crisis thread. Some of the men posted on the thread as well, so it's not all from a woman's perspective.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/71966/1.ashx

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yeah, you do look a little scary, especially in the dark.

Warlock

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"They reflect on their thirties as well. They mourn the loss of youth. They shudder when they realize they are only 20 or so years away from 60. They review accomplishments, face regrets and face the inevitability of aging. It's a sobering yet necessary assessment we all must do"

Midlife crisis!!! not me. Insanity is my problem, don't you know I'm going to live forever - My looks will never fade, my hair will never fall, I will remain the envy of them all.

Seriously FHN, there is probably some truth in what you say. I will look over that thread and see if i can find some wisdom to go along with my old age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit