KISS-OFF letter to me from an old JW friend I recently saw again

by Terry 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

To a liar, truth can be an awsomely offensive lie.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds like your friend is happy being a jw. It takes something very personally important to start those nagging doubts. Right now, she doesn't seem to want to think about it all. She is making the choice to hold tight to her comfort zone.

A least, she took the time to talk with you. It is always hard to lose friends, but you know that you tried to be honest with her. The witnesses are in for a bumpy ride, I think. You never know what touches and stirs another person's heart and mind.

• Terry
    Terry

So, what do you learn from Jehovah's Witnesses?

Who to turn your back on.

Who did Jesus turn his back on?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes It's certainly can be heart rendering to accidentally meet up with one of your close and personal friends that you once had while being " truthed "

This happens to me on occasion, essentially their immediate response has been directly devised by the Borg in a very deliberate way.

Since they are being controlled by the borg this all not too surprising to me and kind of expect it.

Funny thing is just recently I've bumped into some of those nose uppers and they have since left and are now trying to be social again, which I have to admit I'm quit indifferent in doing so.

Seems like card carrying jws have a label on that doesn't seem to wash off as easy as they think.

Here's hoping that more of them will see "the new light"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

they're great with coming up with little analogies to prove their points. There's a big difference between bad-mouthing a husband, her example, and bad-mouthing an invisible sky-daddy for whom there is no proof. It's not a good analogy. Of course, you could use it anyway and say that abused women often deny the abuse and defend the abuser. yes, there it is. The analogy fits.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    they're great with coming up with little analogies to prove their points. There's a big difference between bad-mouthing a husband, her example, and bad-mouthing an invisible sky-daddy for whom there is no proof. It's not a good analogy. Of course, you could use it anyway and say that abused women often deny the abuse and defend the abuser. yes, there it is. The analogy fits. Hortensia....

I think you nailed it Hortensia...at least you made the analogy fit...addicts do the same thing...it's the old but, but, but....

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

I think this whole she said, I said thread is in pretty poor taste...IF she ever sees the light and does comes here and reads up on what her good and trusted friend Terry had to say all these years would she be happy about you exposing to the world her heart felt correspondence?

would you sell out any and all friends to gain a few "bucks"?...just wondering...

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

dear Terry...

I think this whole she said, I said thread is in pretty poor taste...IF she ever sees the light and does comes here and reads up on what her good and trusted friend Terry had to say all these years would she be happy about you exposing to the world her heart felt correspondence?

would you sell out any and all friends to gain a few "bucks"?...just wondering...

love michelle

I think the Jehovah's Witnesses who turn their backs on their friends just because they are told to do it is in poor taste, personally.

If you read the words in her e-mail to me you will see she never referred to me as her "good and trusted friend". I am regarded as a slanderer.

If I were a slanderer I'd have her views converted into my own words and distort them rather than quoting them verbatim.

She spoke for herself. I spoke for myself. The reader can judge.

I have no doubt that Pamela's correspondence was "heart felt". It is the temperature of her heart that disturbs me and compels me to reproduce he words and feelings as a cautionary tale to this Discussion Board.

What does her letter contain that is worth revealing publicly?

1.Her low opinion of the brothers and elders at the Kingdom Hall.

2.She has to "keep her own counsel".

3.She has become insular in her life waiting on Jehovah to clean house (kick the elders in the butt.)

4.Her identification of the "double life" being led by brothers and sisters at the Hall. (As well as her own!)

5.The coercion of her husband, Paddy, to cut off his beard.

6.The fact she doesn't feel like I am worth an argument which might bring me back into the fold.

7.The total absence of love as an identifying mark of Jehovah's Witnesses.

If I wanted to do her harm I would send a copy of her correspondence to her presiding elder at her Kingdom Hall. I would would run down a few hundred bits of personal knowledge I have firsthand about her life as a JW.

No, the e-mail was addressed to me and I can do what I want with it. If she has cause later to feel ashamed it would indicate an improvement in her thinking. Shame might be the best response possible.

What are you suggesting?

T.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

I wasn't saying that she would feel shame for what was written...but she might feel that she shouldn't "open up" to anyone...

She may have felt very comfortable turning to you(eventually) for support in her descision to leave and for possable advice in the steps to take in makeing her exit. You did/do come off as a source of help generally...but this thread kind of seems like you used her "confidence" as a platform for your rant against the WBTS machine...and EVERYONE inclined was included in the analysis...and encouraged to give their two cents.

love michelle

• Quentin
    Quentin

I wasn't saying that she would feel shame for what was written...but she might feel that she shouldn't "open up" to anyone...

She may have felt very comfortable turning to you(eventually) for support in her descision to leave and for possable advice in the steps to take in makeing her exit. You did/do come off as a source of help generally...but this thread kind of seems like you used her "confidence" as a platform for your rant against the WBTS machine...and EVERYONE inclined was included in the analysis...and encouraged to give their two cents.

Here's my 2% for what it's worth...

Pamela did what all good jw's do in situations like that...hugs and kisses...missed you...you look great...blah, blah...lets exchange e-mails, we'll talk...more blah, blah...

As to her leaving, she's not going anywhere...she did feel comfortable with Terry, he's not a jw...You think she talks like that at the kh? Don't make any wagers on it, you'd loose...as to using her "confidence" as a platfrom, she didn't confide anything to Terry she witnessed to him...he responded, nicely I might add...Pam came back and kicked him to the curb...haughty as well...stick it were the sun don't shine, your no friend of mine...EVER...

Maybe you've experinced it, maybe not...I can tell you...._it_is_painfull... to see "old friends" who will cut you off at the knees when they realise your not buying the snake oil they peddle...Pam has a secert agenda...like Terry said, she's waiting on Jehovah to kick butt. Otherwise she "keeps her own council". Unless she runs into an "old friend".

Terry was safe to talk to...Pam knew that. He's not going to turn her in. She can sleep tight tonight. After all she won one for the Gipper and left an old friend in the dust....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit