Don't think it won't happen here

by JimmyPage 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

William Schnell details in his book "30 Years a Watchtower Slave" that, as a zone overseer, he was basically directed by the organizational leadership to enter an area and cause 'persecution' by inciting the locals to riot nearly. Franz recalls some similar events later on in Indiana and Ohio.

It was done to provoke, then to get courts to listen sympathetically to the Jw lawyers. It worked. They have little reason to do so today, however. Most of the religious freedoms they wished to secure [going house to house, not saluting the flag, etc] have been upheld.

Now, persecution is held out like a reverse-carrot to them. They like to find ways in which they are being 'persecuted' as it solidifies their opinion that Satan is against them [hence God is with them]. Unfortunately they apply it liberally to themselves and ignore others who undergo trials greater than their own as incidental, or the Devil's tactics to mislead others [persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany as example.] They have a strange way of applying history to situations. If it enriches their opinions, they proclaim it from house to house [literally]. If it can be used to support the idea that others have been persecuted, they ignore it.

Jeff

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

seeker4

Rutherford actually sought the violent "persecution" in order to push things in the courts. I don't see it happening again

I'm not so sure of that. Here in Canada there have been a few religous court cases by Mulims regarding their right to wear the turban and carry thier small swords which is part of their religious beliefs. There was also a case of Muslim women who refused to remove their veil when going through customs. Custom officers complained that if they didn't take a look under the veil there was no way to really identify them.

I'm sure the WT lawyers are watching these cases closely and will make full use of it if needed - I'm thinking of Jarcaz particularly - I wouldn't put it past him to stir up things like this

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's possible the witnesses could be persecuted here in America.

They will think its the devil comming after them.

It will probaly just be an ignorant dingbat president ignoring the constitution cracking down on freedom of assembly.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Ok Pagey! You got me going.

I think the US persecution was hottest during WWII. Rutherford pushed the issue against a hot and heavy population still stinging from the Pearl Harbor sneak attack. If you did not rush out to join the armed forces you were a coward, PERIOD. Add that to someone knocking on doors and calling people's church a den of demons and their country the devil? C'mon! The jw's were begging for it.

It can and probably will happen here. People seem to think that the USA is infallible, undefeatable, and a haven for religionists. A little over 200 years ago a rebublic was formed here. Freedom of religion was just one of the reasons for its formation. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make it happen and it will take a lot of blood, sweat and tears to rip it apart too. Historically a democratic form of government has not lasted 300 years yet. With the way things are going it won't be long before this country's sovereignty is usurped by the UN or some other one world government entitiy and we will be subjected to its laws and whatever persecution it doles out. Whether we are persecuted for Christ, or for waving the flag of freedom it don't matter really. I think it can and will happen here sooner than later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit