Don't think it won't happen here

by JimmyPage 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

These days you hear alot of talk in the borg that persecution will break out in the USA. "Don't think it won't happen here," says the speaker, "We Americans have it too easy. Satan will target us too." I recall stories of persecution in the USA from the past. But do you think it was because the message was much more confrontational then? I mean let's face it the way the preaching is done now has been toned down way more than it was decades ago. In the past records were played blaring loudly in the streets and the message was that "religion is a snare and a racket." Seems like they were just asking for a fight to break out back then.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

bttt

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Maybe JWs lives now are so easy that they interpret a sitcom joke as 'persecution'. Frankly I think the US is one of the last places theyr'e in danger.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Are they looking for the day when the US becomes a totalitarian country? Or, perhaps after the Washtowel Slaveholdery manages to seize control of the world, plunge mankind into the Second Dark Ages, and start persecuting everyone by making totally unreasonable rules and demands?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Rutherford actually sought the violent "persecution" in order to push things in the courts. I don't see it happening again.

I used to give the talk "Courageous Yet Cautious In the Face of Persecution." Lots of silly stuff in that talk!

S4

• RR
    RR

Much of the persecution that the Witnesses suffered under were during the first 2 world wars. This was a time of patriotism, and the Witnesses were going around condemning everything in sight. The USA was at war, and the JW's were going about preaching the end of the US and the rest of the world powers. Not a very popular message.

While I do believe persuction will come, this persecution will affect many, not just the JW's.

RR

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Has anybody looked around lately? What does Satan need to do exactly? We bring our own EVILS on ourselves without some unseen evil force wrecking additional havoc on any body LOL! Puhleeze.

Satan is sitting in his big red arm chair playing his video games and watching us do all his work for him. Do you honestly think RELIGION is any kind of threat to him? I mean what do people in religions do? They KILL EACH OTHER over their beliefs...so pass the popcorn.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember hearing those talks when I was a kid. They would always relate stories from the concentration camps and the early days in the US. They would always talk about how any day now we can expect similar persecution.

It used to scare me to no end. This is a form of child abuse forcing young children to listen to that frightening crap.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think their persecution already started awhile ago. I read somewhere on this board that the District Conventions

have become pure torture and going to the meetings is like pulling your fingernails out.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think their persecution already started awhile ago. I read somewhere on this board that the District Conventions

have become pure torture and going to the meetings is like pulling your fingernails out.

Good point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit