We will have the book study in the new system!

by 1914BS 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

alt

I'm gonna miss it (sniff)

• lilybird
    lilybird

Just another reason why I am happy I won't be living in the new system.!!!!

• asilentone
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Good one!

Last night I was with some JW's and listening to the "BS" talk. One usually grumpy person said, "yeah, just two months ago we had a special part about how IMPORTANT the bookstudy was and it was the MOST important meeting..." as she rolls her eyes.

• Casper
    Casper

1914BS, Look forward to getting to know you. Good post...

Cas

• flipper
    flipper

1914- Welcome to the board ! I think you may have a long wait for the book study then if your waiting for the new system to bring it ! Look forward to hearing more from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Is it just me, or is it now impossible to read JW literature (such as the example above) and not be able to understand how anyone was ever able to NOT see that its crazy cult language?

The very notion of having text, and then having "questions" about what the text means such as "Why do 'we' believe *insert shit here*?". If you had a preacher telling you what to do 3 days a week, you'd sit there and consider taking his advice. When every member of your closed community spouts it one by one, with total consensus of what "we" believe we should do, it suppresses the "this is some guy telling me what to do" realization and enhances the "everyone thinks this, I better not be a deviant" idea. It makes me ill.

I can imagine a sane situation where people gather together to discuss stuff, but we all know that isn't what happens here. The questions are not intended to "initiate discussion", there is no ad lib allowed.

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome.

Great post but, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

BFD

• TD
    TD
    The questions are not intended to "initiate discussion", there is no ad lib allowed.

Yes, the Paragraph / Question / Rote Answer from paragraph method was a mainstay of the Soviet education system at the height of Stalin's power. It's only purpose is to indoctrinate

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good name... 1914 and everything else is BS...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit