Disfellowshiped JW video tapes decision

by lisavegas420 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I felt sorry for everybody in this video when I first saw it. I can't imagine any elder enjoying a disfellowshipping (but then, you don't hear any of them announcing from the platform "you know what, disfellowhipping is sick, so I quit") and these guys are just cogs in the wheel.

• megawatt
    megawatt

I thought Pat made an logical point, "if you're guided by holy spirit, why make a mistake?" It's far from lame, it's legit. Since I don't know anything on why he was tried in a JC, the fact of the matter is disfellowshipping is not biblical and to be tried and NAME CALLED (apostate, fornicator ect.) in the your congregation is far from " brotherly " as you can get.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well I have to agree with Pat , that if the elders are guided by holy spirit, they should be able to make the right decisions the first time. That was a big turning point for me to leave the org, when they wanted to disfellowship my mother because she was schizephrenic and would bring reproach on jehovahs name and all that BS. When I tried to reason with them, they asked me what I thought they should do. Guess I was being guided by the holy spirit too.?!?!?! a lowly female publisher. Gotta feel sorry for these guys, They are being mislead by a bogus printing company and then they think they have the right to punish and counsel .In god's name no less.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

My heart was in my mouth watching that.

Paul

• flipper
    flipper

LISA- Jesus holy Christ ! What a deja vu type moment this brought me ! These elders are so smug and full of themselves - I was personally clapping at the film makers questions to them . There should be a law against them coming to your door like that to expel you. I had 2 elders do that to me - and I called them a$$holes to their faces, told them to get lost ! I told them I was going to appeal the false charges. 2 months later I won my appeal - and probably went down in history as the only person to call elders a$$holes ; and still win my appeal ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Rivington
    Rivington

Sass wrote: "I can't imagine any elder enjoying a disfellowshipping..." Well, maybe not. But I recall the committee that disfellowshipped me - the guy who said the opening prayer included the words, "We thank you, Jehovah, for the privilege of sitting in judgement upon wrongdoers." What a jerk! Rivington

• dinah
    dinah
    "We thank you, Jehovah, for the privilege of sitting in judgement upon wrongdoers." What a jerk!

Good grief!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

we thank you jehovah for the privilege of sitting in judgment upon wrongdoers. Hooboy, that is so arrogant. I have no words...

• BFD
    BFD

That was pathetic. The HS couldn't even guide the elder to the outside porch light so he could read the "scriptural basis" for the disfellowshipping.

It's lunacy!

BFD

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

The whole thing gave me the creeps. The soft tone of the "elders" and their absolute stance of judgement without discussion or care for one of their flock. Takes balls to walk into someone's home and do this. Outrageous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit