Can anyone tell me why Dubs dont do Mother's Day

by Princess Daisy Boo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

It was da Judge who I believe first put the nail in the Mom's Day coffin. Can't remember which book but he rails against "standing up when a woman enters the room", "removing your hat" for them and especially their own Day...oh my gawd...da debil is workin' overtime with all this creature worship.

-BONEZZ

• BFD
    BFD

Yeah, like I really want my ungrateful kids to honor me one whole day a year with a stale box of chocolates and a greasy meal at Red Lobster. Then I suppose the other 364 days they can feel justified in being disrespectful and rude to me because they "honored" me on that one day.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ! ! !

BFD

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It's because Joseph Franklin Rutherford didn't have a warm relationship with his mother and was alienated from his wife.

• blondie
    blondie

*** rs Reasoning Book p. 182 Holidays ***

What is the origin of the practice of setting aside a day to honor mothers?The EncyclopædiaBritannica says: "A festival derived from the custom of mother worship in ancient Greece. Formal mother worship, with ceremonies to Cybele, or Rhea, the Great Mother of the Gods, were performed on the Ides of March throughout Asia Minor."—(1959), Vol. 15, p. 849.
  • aquagirl
    aquagirl

i do anyway.never had my mum turn down a plant or shrub..they say its becz you should encourage someone to honor mums once a year? stupid pretzel logic,really.then weddings and anniversarys shouldnt be honored either.wackos...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Because in their desperate lack of any other tangibly redeeming qualities, they'll do anything to convince themselves they're more specialer than any other relig. Even dis' mom.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Red Lobster isn't greasy.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Pagans also wore wedding rings and had wedding anniversaries.

And yet, somehow, the people up at the Hall of Justice don't see anything wrong with that.

They are so full of crap that it pains me to even think about them.

er

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

They say it's because of the pagan origins of the holidays. However, if you look closely, you will see that they don't mind the pagan origins of wedding rituals/ceremonies. So a more pointed question might be "why the discrepancy between which pagan practices JWs will endorse?" If they were honest, their leaders would admit that the real reason they demonize various holidays is to minimize distractions from towing the party line and lining it's collection boxes at the same time capitalizing on every opportunity to control. But they're dishonest, so they won't admit that. Besides, it's their job to make up dumbass rules like "thou shalt not honour thy mother when other human beings honour their mothers". That's what they're getting paid for. They're getting paid to spend their every waking moment convincing humanity that if only you disapprove of doing life however the other guy is, 'cause it's us against them ya know, then a guy on the fly in the sky will smile upon you, you, above all the others competing for his approval. HOPE is big biz these days. And nothings sacred anymore. Not even yo' momma. :O)

• changeling
    changeling

jwfacts gave you the "official" JW answer, but the true reason is: because they're silly!

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit