Can anyone tell me why Dubs dont do Mother's Day

by Princess Daisy Boo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Well... at least I dont have to choose which mother we are are going spend mothers day with this sunday...

Is it not sad that I have a closer relationship with my mil than my own mom?

• dinah
    dinah

Mother worship, huh? I'm down with that.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah ,what's the big deal ? my mom loves red lobster .I'm not as disrespectful as I used to be tho ..HE HE I notice the pagans had it as the Ides of march where as in the west it became a may celebration , I think a bit of a difference since the US claims to be a "christian" country . Most J ho's aren't even christian anyway since they don't enter the actual covenant on memorial eve ,So what's that make them anyway ? A bunch of pagans pretending they are some kind of jewish christian .

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I heard it is because nimrod screwed his mother and made her into a Christmas tree.

• real one
    real one

they are just silly. Job's kids had birthday parties all the time and Godly people of the Bible held government jobs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

(1) Mother's Day is on a boasting session day, and they would hate to see people skip the boasting session for a lousy bit of fun.

(2) Celebrating Mother's Day costs money. People go out more to eat out that day than any other day, and they buy flowers more on Mother's Day. That money is better put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

(3) They don't want anyone thinking of anything but Jehovah.

(4) The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger hates women.

• boyzone
    boyzone

You have the WT's full permission to celebrate Mothers Day, valentines, christmas, birthdays, etc, as long as its not viewed as a pagan holiday in your area. How cool is that!

*** 'Awake!' 2003 9/22 p.24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition***

A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area.Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues.

• loosie
    loosie

They consider it creature worship.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

This former chubby dubby did not know that we were not supposed to celebrate Mother's Day. Gosh all mighty, I remember going with other witness families on Sunday after the meeting almost as a ritual annually to the local truck stop to celebrate Mothers Day! The cafe even gave out potting plants to the sisters! This was 20 years ago or more. I guess the Hot Springs, SD congregation was bad to the bone! And by the way I did not know the Red Lobster was greasy......now, on the other hand the Maverick Truck Stop.....there was enough grease around there to put Saudia Arabia out of business!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Well, I am off the my little boy's "mothers day picnic" at his preschool this afternoon! I told my mom about it - no comment either way. She is either choosing not to say anything or it is just not that big a deal anymore, but I know that when we were kids, mother's day was always a no-no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit