DO YOU HAVE A PLAN?

by What-A-Coincidence 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Well I'm not sure what an oap is, so I think I'm safe.

• ninja
    ninja

old age pensioner....its a british term for coffin dodgers...or casket dodgers in the U.S

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I try to cut back extra expenses where we can. I just hired a guy to save me $30.00 of gas per day to do a job for me so I can save hour and a half driving on Thursday mornings every week. Actually saves me 3 hours of commute time and gas, plus wear and tear on my vehicle ! So, we do every little thing we can in our own situations ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing that has helped me is no more boasting sessions or field circus. It means no more putting money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. No more suit dry cleanings. No more chipping in for gas for rides to and from the Kingdumb Hell. No more wasted money on motel rooms at the sky-top prices that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger negotiated for the Grand Boasting Sessions. No more being hounded to donate toward the Kingdumb Hell projects and hosting people for a$$emblies.

The savings have been significant.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

My financial future sucks. Fortunately, I like living modestly and have some skills that will probably always get me a job. Practically everything in my house is used, I buy used clothing, I bought a used car. I think I save a lot of money by not having to have the "best" of everything. Second best or third best is still pretty darn good and costs a lot less! I don't buy prepared food - cans bottles bags boxes and jars - so my food is pretty inexpensive too. I pay for my hobbies by selling books on amazon.com and crap on ebay.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont have a plan. I had a plan years ago. I paid my house off when I was 40 and have been out of debt since.

I buy everything cash. Cars, Harleys. Boats, Guitars, HD tvs.

I have half my money in the Bank in CD's and half in the stock market.

The stock market has been flat since we got Bushwacked and the C'ds are paying about 4%.

I have a job that challenges me, but I am trying to go to work everyday and keep it, so I can keep the AC on.

My wife has a job.

If we both lost our jobs. Well be shutting off the ac and eating at the soup kitchen and watching the sunset.

I get enough off my Cd each month to keep us in beans.

My wife and I both have Toyotas which get 30 mpg in the city.

I sold my Ford pick up truck when we got Bushwacked. 15 mpg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit