President Obama and a Democrat Congress Will....

by owenfieldreams 143 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    SCREW US more than we have ever been screwed before.

It has the makings of another Jimmy Carter presidency.

A debacle.

BTS

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Talking Heads - "The Democratic Circus"

Found out this morning
    There's a circus coming to town
    They drive in Cadillacs
    Using walkie-talkies, and the Secret Service

Their big top
    Imitation of life
    And all the flags and microphones
    We have to cover our eyes

We play the sideshows
    And we like the tunnel of love
    And when we ride the ferris wheel
    We're little children again

And when they're asking for volunteers
    We'll be the first ones aboard
    And when the ringmaster calls our names
    We'll be the first ones to go ... to sleep

Stealing all our dreams
    Dreams for sale
    They sell 'em back to you

On with the show
    Start the parade
    We sand along
    Sweep us away

It's political party time
    Going down, going down
    And the celebrities all come out
    Coming down, coming down, coming...

The sun is going down
    And the dogs are starting to howl
    We stay out after dark
    Eating cotton candy
    And the music's playing...

How we all laughed!
    We split our sides
    The cameras flashed
    We almost died!

The rain's gonna pour on down, falling out of the sky
    Coming down, coming down
    And the celebrities all run out, and the rain's
    Coming down, coming down

Gonna rain,
    Gonna rain, gonna rain
    Gonna rain, gonna rain,
    Rain, rain
    Rain, rain

And now I wonder who's boss
    And who he's leavin' behind?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

God and guns won't separate.

• JK666
    JK666

George Bush was (is) the "Anti Christ," according to my Econ prof. I call him a Republicrat. With the emphasis on RAT! He spent money like a drunken sailor, while cutting taxes.

Will the next President have to raise taxes? HELL YES! They will have to pay for Bush's legacy.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Whoever is President, I am keeping my gun. Just thought I would let you know.

JK

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

We're going to cover EVERYONE, including illegals/immigrants--guess who's going to pay for it?

NEWSFLASH!!!! We already do...it's called the emergency room. And we ALL pay for it in higher insurance premiums. You do realize, I hope, that the US is the only industrialized country without some form of national healthcare. They have adopted such plans, not because they are more socially minded than we are, but because such policies are cheaper in the long run.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Owen, do you make this crap up yourself, or does someone else do it for you? What a load of overblown nonsense.

• journey-on
    journey-on

beksbks....which one of the numbered items in owen's original post is nonsense to you? Just curious.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Tired- Screw us more than we've ever been screwed before? REALLY? 'Cause I'm pretty raw right now from the last 8 years of being screwed! Screwed out of my civil rights. screwed over by the rich swinging dick president and his asshole sidekick who've gotten richer while sending the country spiraling into a deep pit of debt we'll be lucky to ever climb out of. Screwed over by the tax breaks given to all their rich jerkoff friends and associates. Screwed out of cleaner air and protected forestland by a man who JUST NOW thinks it would be a good idea to have some sort of plan to deal with climate change- too little too late jackass! I could go on with the screwing- there's been a LOT of it lately.

Obama might not be the be all end all cure all, but he's a damned sight better than the fool on the hill. Other countries respect the Senator and will feel more like we, as a country, are moving toward change. We cannot continue to be the "world police". We can't f'ing afford it! This is a man who is willing to sit down and negotiate with all comers- yes, it seems you have to actually dialog with people to resolve situations- imagine that! If there were more talking and less shooting done we'd be much better off right now.

BTW- yes, I'm pro-gun. I'm a Texas girl through and through. Just a reminder- Dubya is NOT a native Texan, and I've come to doubt that he is even human at all...seems closer to some kind of walking talking non-thinking jellyfish. Horribly ugly, and with a nasty sting if you get too close!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

...bring a degree of integrity and justice to White House.

...bring the possiblity of returning America as an honorable member of the International community.

...pay for the sins of the past 8 years.

...start the ball rolling again on civil rights for all.

...allow religion to return to its rightful place outside of the State, allowing rational public policy decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit