President Obama and a Democrat Congress Will....

by owenfieldreams 143 Replies latest jw friends

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Wow...thanks to all for your comments on this thread. I'm neither a registered republican or democrat, but I am a conservative-- pro-life and pro -gun--and probably one of those 'bitter clingers' that Obama referred to in front of the" wine and cheese" crowd in San Francisco that day several weeks ago. While I stand by my original assertions regarding what an Obama administration would do, I'm not naive enough to think that the other two candidates would do much better. The fact that he is black is totally irrelevant to me. I would vote for Colin Powell in a heartbeat if he were running...

• willyloman
    willyloman

I stand with seeker4 on this one.

And George Gershwin:

They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the world was round
    They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
    They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother when they said that man could fly
    They told Marconi wireless was a phony, it's the same old cry

They all laughed at Rockefeller Center, now they're fighting to get in
    They all laughed at Whitney and his cotton gin
    They all laughed Fulton and his steamboat, Hershey and his chocolate bar

• changeling
    changeling

You made a lot of silly and either false or grossly exagerated remarks, but the one I'd like to address is this one:

5) Want to 'engage' and talk with countries and leaders that openly hate us and show us no respect, like Hugo Chavez, Amejinad(sp?) in Iran, Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, Bashar Assad in Syria, etc..etc...Bottom line, if he's a dictator, Obama wants to talk, make nice, and negotiate with you.

Negotiaton and deplomacy are an art. Skills that require true understanding of human nature and intelligence. Thanks to G. W. Bush America is viewed as a bully. People don't like bullies and tend to fight them back. It's a lose/lose situation.

changeling :)

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The fact that he is black is totally irrelevant to me.

Then whence this statement?

Get ready, America, for the first(I'm sorry, the SECOND) black president of the United States...

Out of the heart's abundance, the mouth speaks.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Out of the heart's abundance, the mouth speaks.

Yup. I caught that too.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

This one always cracks me up:

"pro-life and pro -gun"

Can you say: oxymoron?

changeling :)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm a pro-gun, pro-choice Independent - which my Republican co-worker says is another word for Democrat!

I respect Colin Powell - He's the only one I believed when he went to the UN and said Iraq had WMDs. Turns out he was deceived as well....Another reason I can't stand the Bush crew.

I like McCain. Bush did a real shitty trick on him during the 2000 campaign. This is one year that I'm not aghast at our poltical choices!

S4

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This one always cracks me up:

"pro-life and pro -gun"

Can you say: oxymoron?

Only to a moron.

BTS

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

SCREW US more than we have ever been screwed before.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Blame the Bush administration for every problem they either cannot, or will not fix.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit