A question about Crisis of Conscience

by seek2find 24 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

The first time I read this book was an older copy in the mid 1990s. That copy was burnt by a family member and I no longer have it. In the newest version which I downloaded in PDF I'm having trouble finding a particular part. It was about 2 men that came over from someowhere in europe after ray was dismissed from bethel and wanted to talk to the governing body about the issue, and were rejected after some phone messages that were not returned one of them found out that their phone calls to Bethel had been recorded. Does anyone know where I can find this account. I must be overlooking it, or it must have been edited out of the newer version. Thanks in advance for your help. seek2find

• blondie
    blondie

[email protected]

Why not e-mail Ray Franz and ask him?

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi Blondie, Thanks for the suggestion. I just hate to bother him with, especially if I'm just overlooking it. I was hoping someone else remembered it and could tell me where to look, if I find it I will post the page reference Thanks again. seek2find

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Yeah that was the irish guys forget the names was'nt one called Merryman?

• blondie
    blondie

Ray loves to hear from his readers.

• blondie
  • blondie
  • Aaac
    Aaac

Was the European man the Swedish Carl Olof Jonsson (author of The Gentile Times Reconsidered)? Try the Index in the end of COC.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi, I looked in the index but couldn't find any reference. The old copy that i read had several abedmums or updates (however it's spelled) in the back, and what I read may have been in one of these. But the jest of it was one of these Guys approached a governing body member after his calls to request an appointment had been ignored, and when he stated that he had called several times. The response was Yeah, i heard the tapes, and the visitor said what tapes? The point was made that Bethel had a practice of recording phone calls without the callers knowledge. seek2find

• rekless
    rekless

seek 2 find's account is correct. It was in COC, at least in the copy I bought in 1999, but I can't remember who the two men were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit