JW religion is not all that bad really

by veen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    any of you idiots who post on here

Thanks for including me. This site was designed for idiots but some of the people here are not smart enough to realize that.

You really need to get a grip on reality and stop needing religion as a crutch.

Anyone who knows the difference between crutch and crotch is an intellectual in my book.

ALL religion is a snare and a racket and robs people of their ability to be objective.

Gladiators will inherit the earth. It is all here in my book, 'A Gladiators guide to enlightenment and freedom from slavery.'

TG

• veen
    veen

Wayhey! What a tidy thread. Do you think it would be better if I just started threads where everyone would agree with what I said. I guessed many of you wouldn't like the bluntness, it's something peculiar to my locale, maybe I should have put a smiley with a tongue poking out after my first post thus ;p.

Sorry Dinah, I'll try and get my post count up so that I can appear to be a more valid member of the community. Surely though there comes a point where you'll be going over the same material after your first thousand posts or so. What can be said which hasn't already been said.

• John Doe
    John Doe

There's a subtle difference between being blunt and being dull. You weren't being blunt.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Are you really 29, or are you 19?

That is an insult to 19-year-olds everywhere!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Bizzy Bee,

Ooops! My appolgies to all 19 year olds out there. My son is 19 and smart as a whip. He speaks respectfully and would never address strangers in such rude terms as "retarded."

There is a difference all right between being blunt and being rude.

Hunny is nicer than vinegar. People will tend to not listen to a rude person. Bragging about being blunt is a turn off, too. Politeness never goes out of style.

• yknot
    yknot

Ahh the wonderful world of Charismatics........the few years that my life was in constant contact with them are priceless. I would relate it as Christianity on uppers, unfortunately the coming-downs can be pretty dark. One of my friend's church was burned down by it's own members. I have to say everytime I visited a camp I felt like I was glad to be a JW. The created insanity is intentional by the adults. At camp the nightly sermon was done with dim lighting and the heater cranked up, many times adults 'guard' the door too. However I am glad my dad (SB) let me attend so as to broaden my horizons beyond the JW scope. ..........that said I am worried about the abundance of Health & Wealth churches too. I can see why EX-JW Christians become non-denoms and church hoppers.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I know we all have issues with the Borg, but really I think there are far more despicable religions on the go, namely American style evangelical Christianity. I'm watching a film called 'Jesus Camp' as I type and all I can say is any of you idiots who post on here who say you left the JW's and have now found Jesus are totally retarded. You really need to get a grip on reality and stop needing religion as a crutch.

I understand that there is a need for balance when discussing JWs but you threw your credibility out the window when you defined an entire religious movement by things you saw in a movie.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Veen

Never go into combat with a blunt sword. Sharpness is best. An old trick I learnt in the arena.

Surely though there comes a point where you'll be going over the same material after your first thousand posts or so. What can be said which hasn't already been said.

Ah! Here are words that are sharp and to the point.

Most of the people on this board have forgotten why they came here in the first place. In the end it becomes a matter of entertainment with the most vocal combatants getting the most attention. It is all about getting the most cheers and there is nothing wrong with that, as all Gladiators know.

TG

• veen
    veen

I understand why nobody was interested in the Stewart Lee thread now.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    I watched Jesus Camp not too long ago myself. I believe it to be the scariest, most offensive film I have ever seen. What that woman (and Evangelical Christians in general) are doing is despicable & terrifying. No other way to look at it. That being said, it does not, by any means, soften or downplay the destructive nature of the Jehovah's Witnesses. they are every bit as despicable as the people outlined in Jesus Camp. At least the Evangelicals are fairly straightforward and look you in the eye when they stick the knife in. The WTS is sneaky, underhanded, & dishonest. That crazy bat of a woman in Jesus Camp pretty much put it all out there, even as crazy and poisonous as her message is.

I'm with Low-Key / Loki on this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit