To the Christians...

by VoidEater 32 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    I'm starting to think this forum is not compatible with Brits.

Yeah Veen, you are British, but you are from that litttle town that they built on the M4 in Wales.

Now Southern England is another matter.

By the way I just got back from 4 days walking in Wales last Monday. I was based in Crickhowell and passed your town, Newport on the way.

TG

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Hi MJNM!

I think your heart is lovely. Being a Christian is simple and pure. It is when men get invovled that it becomes so distasteful. Why is that? Because they add their own seasoning to the food,... and yuk. Jesus came to earth and removed burdans, why would he after he left impose upon his followers new ones? I have been reading John 15 recently and it is refreshing to see how Jesus intended his "body" to be. Full of his love, being expressed to others.

Joh 15:7

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.:8By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.:9As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.:10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.:11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

His call~ Follow me, and Love others as you are loved.

Syliva,

You quoted a favorite scripture of mine. "a friend and I have a saying we are fond of~ " going behind the curtain". He eliminated the wall of hostility, no barriers anymore. He justifies us before the face of God. His blood on the mercy seat of God's throne, as we bow before it. Wow, I really can't think of a greater privelage then to have Jesus as my advocate.

May you be blessed

With his love

CL

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Bring - what a concept! Belief that speaks to us, moves us forward in our mission, yet doesn't necessarily deny anyone anything...I like that...

Candle: Personally, I have found Women to generally be better bridge builders in our world than Men ;-) Thank you, and Welcome to the Board!

Hi snowbird - how often we wall or hide ourselves away...or were told to, as Candle says next...

Yes, Jeff, at least to me...I just wish I could make out your avatar more clearly ;-)

Dear 5go - my only wish regarding you, my friend, is that I could understand your written style better (but, alas, I am too old to adapt to the quick-paced typing that some employ...not to say I take the time to go back and fix my typos...)

Ah, Burn, hello! My only concern is that this exquisite sense of the divine I feel within me may be just the disowned part of my psyche that knows how to love and approve of my own existance.

Deputy - certainly your wife lacks a certain sense of humor??

No, no, veen! I love the Brits! I love London, I love Wales, I love the countryside, the people, I'd move in a second if only I had a job offer. I only watch BBC America and PBS (oh, and Big Brother - both the original and the American version).

And yet, Indo, the "Christians" seem easy to spot among the Christians...

JG: I have probably been rather rude when arguing how a scripture is being applied, IMO, inappropriately - but I hope to always maintain respect for the person behind the debate. As I think you have...you have taught me much, not the least of which is how easy it is to respect someone different than myself (along with Burn, of course).

Thanks to all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit