To the Christians...

by VoidEater 32 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

To the Christians on the board:

Thank you for living up to the best your beliefs have to offer. With very few exceptions, my flailings and rantings as I refine my own "truth" have been greeted with patience and kindness, or kindly ignored.

I do not foresee that I will ever return to a belief system that you hold dear, yet I do respect your beliefs - and appreciate your insights. Though we may not share many beliefs, we do share our humanity, and I still value your contributions to me in the form of your views, comments, well wishes, compassion and love.

There are a few that I go out of my way to thoughtfully read (JGnat comes to mind, but there are others, too) - and, yes, a couple that I try to avoid...but it is with a sense of relief and optimism that I have seen so much kindness expressed here on the whole by those I have learned to be afraid of, as a "class".

I just wanted to humbly take a moment to express my thanks - while we may disagree on certain things, I still feel we are part of a quest to bring about a better world.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I just wanted to humbly take a moment to express my thanks - while we may disagree on certain things, I still feel we are part of a quest to bring about a better world.

Void, as an honorary member of the cuddly club, allow me to say that despite my difference of opinion I have found you an always intelligent, thoughtful, kind and tolerant individual on this board.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Oh, this is nice! I just stumbled upon this thread of yours after responding to your worship thread...I don't even know if I consider myself a 'Christian' in the label kind of way, but I value the beautiful teachings and example of Jesus Christ so much more since dropping out of the WTBTS mindset. I don't know where you are in your journey, but might I recommend Tom Harpur's book Water Into Wine? I think you might really enjoy it. I always enjoy reading you too!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I still feel we are part of a quest to bring about a better world.

There is nothing wrong with that, it is good place to be.

h40

• greendawn
    greendawn

It would be against the spirit of christianity to be intolerent, since it stands for promoting the spiritual culture and the release of man from the clutches of the instinctive forces, from all their manifestations including intolerence.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's sometimes a fine line - I mean, who am I to presume that "the Christians" care what I think? And yet, it has been nagging me for many days to express my gratitude for the kindness I have received.

Burn, as you know I like you so much that I feel ok to disagree with you - and I respect your thoughts whether we agree or not. And, secretly, I believe a lot of what you believe (but don't tell anyone, ok?)

Meeting Junkie, thank you for the suggestion - I'll take you up on that!

Hope4Others, thanks for sharing this journey with me.

greendawn, that was what I've hoped is true.

Thank you!

• caliber
    caliber

In the spirit of peace,compassion and furtherance of knowledge all things should be freely discussed !

Caliber

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Caliber: I like that, thank you...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Dear VoidEater

You are very kind to say those things. I don't know if I'm one of those you avoid but, I hope I've not offended you in any way. Talking about theology on a board like this, to easily becomes a contact sport sometimes. I hope to talk to you more on the board. If I cross the line, just send me a PM I probably need it from time to time. I'm not the best writer in the world and misunderstandings seem to happen alot.

D Dog

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I think I'm going to throw up!

Quite a few of the 'Christians' on this site are intolerant, judgmental and narrow minded. They don't belong anywhere near a cuddly club.

Sorry to interrupt - carry on cuddling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit