Letter

by d.boon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• d.boon
    d.boon

About two or three years ago do you remember (if you were on the body at that time) that the C.O. told us we are no longer appointed by holy spirit anymore, I was looking for the letter and couldn’t find it, I wonder if it was one of those letter “read” to us as apposed to “left” with us?

Dose anyone remember this? I was telling to a brother from Ohio about it and he said he never got that talk before.

Thanks

• sandy
    sandy

interesting . . . just bookmarking this for later. I haven't heard about this yet but I'm sure you';; get more information soon enough.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I haven't heard that before, either. How would something like that work?

Does the holy spirit just get tired of hand picking all of the elders and decide that it needs a break? How does it notify the governing body that it's not going to be a part of elder selection anymore? Or did the GB fire the holy spirit because it made so many horrible choices and its track record was its own demise?

er

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

oh you mean now they draw the names out of the hogwarts magical hat, that letter?

• d.boon
    d.boon

The Governing Body dose not appoint Elders or Ministerial Servants anymore (apparently they are to busy) they now appoint a body to appoint them so it was brought out that we can not claim to be appointed by holy spirit.

So the C.O. gave us the hypothetical if you were appointed an Elder and you were acting “As a Christian” should, then you can cosider yourself appointed by holy spirit. If by the next time he comes if you're not acting Christian any more you no longer can consider yourself appointed by holy spirit and should let him (the C.O.) know that you do not qualify anymore.

I remember this causing a lot of questions from a few elders one shouted out, "Then why are we even here if we're not appointed by holy spirit anymore."

I’ve spoken to a few other elders out here in the east coast and there bodies had the same reaction, but it seems like the further west the brothers seem to not know what I’m talking about.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome D.Boone - I have not heard this personally but I am very interested if there "is" a letter.

Quirky1

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

(Acts 20:27-28) . . .. 28 Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed YOU overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son].. . . I remember having a conversation with our CO. He mentioned some elders are appointed without the holy spirit's directions. When a BOE overlooks flaws and recommends an elder, his appointment may go thru the human channels, but the appointment is never 'sealed' in heaven. In due time, Jehovah makes the adjustment. However, the damage to the congregation can be high. A man can serve for a while w/o spirit, but eventually he will stumble. He mentioned Saul as an example.

• d.boon
    d.boon

Saul isn’t a good example because he was the anointed of Jehovah. Appointed by holy spirit not by man or a body of men but by God himself.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I remember this causing a lot of questions from a few elders one shouted out, "Then why are we even here if we're not appointed by holy spirit anymore." - I suspect this questioning voice was frog-marched to the back room smartly and demoted to 'private'.

a conversation with our CO. He mentioned some elders are appointed without the holy spirit's directions. When a BOE overlooks flaws and recommends an elder, his appointment may go thru the human channels, but the appointment is never 'sealed' in heaven. In due time, Jehovah makes the adjustment. However, the damage to the congregation can be high. A man can serve for a while w/o spirit, but eventually he will stumble. - assuming your recollection of the conversation is accurate, and I think it is, this is the sort of speaking out of both sides of ones mouth that Society men are good at! I'd like to see what scriptural support he offered for that piece of speculation.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    (Acts 20:27-28) . . .. 28 Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed YOU overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son].. . . I remember having a conversation with our CO. He mentioned some elders are appointed without the holy spirit's directions. When a BOE overlooks flaws and recommends an elder, his appointment may go thru the human channels, but the appointment is never 'sealed' in heaven. In due time, Jehovah makes the adjustment. However, the damage to the congregation can be high. A man can serve for a while w/o spirit, but eventually he will stumble. He mentioned Saul as an example.

Soo..... People believe this shit. Huh.

This is how churches get built. When I was in, everyone seemed to emphasize that JW's are "just devout bible students" this is why we didn't need clergy etc. To find that there's an aweful lot of Churchish claims going around is kinda creepy. I thought these people were just morons, now I see they are crazy morons and thats the most dangerous kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit