Letter

by d.boon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they were not appointed by holy spirit, then I guess we can just blow off any "counsel" given by the hounders.

• d.boon
    d.boon

:I suspect this questioning voice was frog-marched to the back room smartly and demoted to 'private'.

Would you believe that all had the same “huh?” look on there face. Even the ones who are first to be lock step in there loyalty to the organization had a puzzled look on there face, my guess at the time (and this is only my guess) they had a fleeting moment of thought. (you mean I’ll have to answer for the way I act?)

I know I agreed with the brother and more than half the body had there head shaking in agreement with his statement.

I was talking to a long time friend who was a congregational servant back in the old days and still serves as an elder out west, and he said sometimes the branch (not allowed to call them the society anymore<- that letter I do have) said they test out cretin talks to see the response they get in cretin areas, he speculated that because of the outright willingness to question this they just dropped it as a topic.

Nothing happened to that brother who saud that during the elders meeting, if anything he’s gotten worse (by the branches prospective) while conducting the watchtower he actually corrected a sister when she answered “about the generation being new light” he said “oh forget about that. This probably won’t be the only revision we’ll have on it, just read your bibles!”

I laughed!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Welcome, d boon. I'm just north of you in Vermont.

I've never heard of anything quite like this, but it reminds me of typical WTS thinking.

Example 1: When an elder or MS is appointed, and they qualify, the appointment is by holy spirit. When they don't qualify for some reason, they are not appointed by HS, it's just the work of men, who appointed the guy by mistake.

Example 2: When the Governing Body says something, and it turns out to be accurate, they are speaking as God's spokesmen. When it doesn't happen as they say, they are just imperfect men doing the best they can.

When I discussed this with a CO and an elder a few years ago, I told them they couldn't have it both ways. Either they are speaking for Jehovah and guided by HS, or they are just a bunch of men. I told them, "You can't have it both ways."

Either way it's bad news. Say you're speaking for god and screw up, you identify yourself as a false prophet. Say you're just men making your best guesses, then you destroy the authority of the GB.

S4

• d.boon
    d.boon

Seeker4

let me know when you're in the area we'll have a beer or two!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit