Mary's Ovum - LOL

by DoomVoyager 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spectre
    Spectre

It is a question I've thought of many a time in regards to Perseus.

Anakin Skywalker, too.

• Bring_the_Light
  • Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Interesting indeed. Does anyone know how the Catholic church "handles" this issue? Does anyone know their "spin" on it? The Catholic church has the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception. "Immaculate" means "without stain" [of sin]. Many non-Catholics - and even some Catholics, I guess - presume that the term, immaculate conception, refers to Jesus' conception in Mary's womb. It does not. The term refers to Mary's conception in her mother's womb and subsequent birth. According to church doctrine, Mary was conceived immacuately in her mother's womb.

I suppose that, with this doctrine of the "immaculate" conception of Mary, the church has "all the bases covered," as it were. In the church's doctrine, Jesus' father was the Holy Spirit who descended upon the immaculately conceived Mary in the form of a dove.

In addition to the unique doctrine of the immacualte conception of Mary, the church also teaches the doctrine of the ascension - the teaching that Mary ascended bodily into heaven. This is also unique to the Catholic church.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    In the church's doctrine, Jesus' father was the Holy Spirit who descended upon the immaculately conceived Mary in the form of a dove.

Ugh! So did it bang her with a little dove cock, or did the whole dove jump right in? Catholics are sick.

• wobble
    wobble

dam lost the right to eternal life in a legal sense so could not pass on this inheritance, our Lord Jesus "purchased" back that right.So it is not a matter of imperfection being passed on, rather a lack of access to" perfection" except through the way Jesus Christ.

• wobble
    wobble

sorry lost half of what I wrote above, basically I was saying WT writers are hung up on imperfection being a genetic problem, if it was then genetic engineering would soon solve it. They forget their own teaching that it is a legal problem and so perfection cannot be passed on by Adam, imperfection is not passed on, rather a lack of perfection like the lack of an inheritance that an ancestor gambelled away.

Love to all

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Oh thanks DV. I've been wondering about that one for a long time - now I can sleep again. LOL.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They claim to be the only mouthpiece of the true God on earth - -

And they spend their committee meetings discussing this TRASH.

HB

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Bright the light you cracked me up!! I wonder if Jehovah used a golden shower like Zeus to get princess Danae pregnant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is just another waste of people's time. Learning the minutes about how Jesus was conceived is only going to confuse people. They will not learn the real issues--that is, what Jesus taught. Instead they will be bored with those little details that are going to go out of date the next time the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out one of those washtowels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit