Mary's Ovum - LOL

by DoomVoyager 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I just got back from a vacation, and I had to share this one with all of those who aren't getting the Kool-Aid Washtowels any more.

Scriptural Questions Answered:
    1:35 - Did Mary's egg cell, or ovum, have any part in her pregnancy?
    For Mary's child to be
    a true descendant of her ancestors Abraham, Judah, and David, as God had promised, her ovum
    had to contribute toward her pregnancy. (Gen. 22:15, 18; 49:10; 2 Sam. 7:8, 16) However,
    Jehovah's Holy Spirit was used in transferring the perfect life of God's Son and causing the
    conception. (Matt. 1:18) It would appear that this cancelled out any imperfection existing
    in Mary's ovum and from the very start protected the developing embryo from anything
    hurtful.

Any questions?

(May 2008 Washtowel.)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

...criminy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I picked up my daughter's Private Edition WT and read the selfsame thing this past Sunday.

It's amazing how the WT can stretch Scripture to make it say any old thing.

A plain reading of the Bible shows no reference to God's "transferring" any life to Mary's ovum.

From The Message Bible:

Matthew 1: 18 -19 The birth of Jesus took place like this. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. Before they came to the marriage bed, Joseph discovered she was pregnant. (It was by the Holy Spirit, but he didn't know that.) Joseph, chagrined but noble, determined to take care of things quietly so Mary would not be disgraced.

20 -23 While he was trying to figure a way out, he had a dream. God's angel spoke in the dream: "Joseph, son of David, don't hesitate to get married. Mary's pregnancy is Spirit-conceived. God's Holy Spirit has made her pregnant.

Jesus' conception was a miracle. Miracles happen. Why can't the WTS leave it at that?

Sylvia

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

because they are authorities and they think they have to have an answer for everything. They absolutely can't just say, well it was a miracle. We don't know how jhvh did it, nor do we need to know the answer to everything.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Actually, I think the GB and the other Dubbies who contribute to the writing in the publications are a bunch of perverts.

They fixate their attention on the most bizarre stuff. A perfect example of that is the study article from last year that discussed explicit sexual matters. A bunch of posters on JWD raised hell about how the article was considered in the presence of little kids in attendance at the KHs (I have to agree with them). The writers obviously like to delve into things that should just simply be left alone.

Cheers,

Alex

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting. The WTS had commented at one point that had Adam not sinned it might have been possible that Eve still could have born him perfect children. Then I guess when she died Adam could have married one of his own daughters -- something like that.

But Adam did take the bait of Satan's trap and now we are going through the salvaging of this situation before the end of the 7000 years of the 7th Creative Day. But everything will be back to normal and cleaned up by the beginning of the 8th Creative Day! We're about 1123 years from that point, if we presume Adam was 30 when Eve was created. Eve's creation and how soon the 6th Creative Day ends is speculative, though the circumstances suggest that the 6th Creative Day ended almost immediately after Eve was created, since Eve was quite naieve at the time of Satan's temptation. I guess she hadn't figured out the animals don't talk yet, and the Bible says she was "thoroughly deceived."

JC

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's interesting how they worded it ...

1:35 - Did Mary's egg cell, or ovum, have any part in her pregnancy? For Mary's child to be
    a true descendant of her ancestors Abraham, Judah, and David, as God had promised, her ovum
    had to contribute toward her pregnancy. (Gen. 22:15, 18; 49:10; 2 Sam. 7:8, 16) However,
    Jehovah's Holy Spirit was used in transferring the perfect life of God's Son and causing the
    conception. (Matt. 1:18) It would appear that this cancelled out any imperfection existing
    in Mary's ovum and from the very start protected the developing embryo from anything
    hurtful.

Shouldn't that be "However, Jehovah's Holy Spirit was used in transferring the perfect life of MICHAEL, THE ARCHANGEL and causing the conception."?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dumber than a box of rocks.

• JCanon
    JCanon

You know, it may not be as biophysical as psychopshiological. At the second coming, Christ's presence in human form is through another invidiual. The only reason Christ needed to be born of a virgin in a special manner was that he had to be born a perfect child. But his "identity" could have been based upon something more psychological.

At the second coming, Christ takes up the body and identity of the prodigal son, who simply becomes the voice through which Jehovah speaks to the world during the end times and the physical body through which the Christ identifies. So there is no issue of Christ himself causing Mary's ovum to produce a perfect child, since Christ's "spirit" or "essence" in some way can be channeled through any human. So I think the critical thing here is that the messiah doesn't just materialize a human body via his spiritual powers but has to "empty himself" of whatever there is that is spiritually incompatible with the flesh in order to embody a human born or unborn. So however it is done it works. At the first coming Christ could be said to take up the ovum of Mary, at the second coming the person of the prodigal son, an adult male who willingly volunteers. It accomplishes Jehovah's purpose. We stand back in wonderment, but it's not necessary we know all the details, really.

JC

• loosie
    loosie

I am wondering did they have Mary pee on a stick to tell if she was PG?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit