Bossert Hotel sold

by Aaac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

They have no right to ask for donations from their poor sacrificing people!!! I wonder how much they had bought it for?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Does anyone know how much it was purchased for in 1988.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I tried to see how much they paid in 1988. I haven't found it.

It's a great deal on these buildings for WTS. They buy them and hold them for
    20 years. The Bossert Hotel was totally refurbished, remodeled by volunteers
    that sacrificed time and energy (I can imagine some have already been laid-off
    from Bethel) and the WTS is tax-free. What a deal.

Even if their gain on the building (after inflation) was only based on the
    improvements to the property, what a deal.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

This is just one more piece of evidence that the BORG may be in serious financial trouble.

Just maybe .....one more nail in the coffin.

Cheers,

Alex

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I LIVED AT THE BOSSERT ... NICE JOINT ...

Ditto

I loved the coffee at Lassen and Hennigs.

From Wikipedia...

Timothy King, a senior partner at Massey Knakal Realty Services Brooklyn, agreed calling the hotel "one of the most unique and most well-maintained trophy assets in Brooklyn." He continued, "The Watchtower organization is well known for impeccable maintenance standards and the Bossert reflects this level of care. It will be a challenge for a new owner to run the building with the same level of care and attention to detail." [2]

It's amazing what you can do with free labor.

• tan
    tan
    Wonder how much of that will go to needy widows and fatherless children in local KHs?

I agree...nothing will go those in need...hell they won't even know this information in local kh's.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

All these property transfers will change the dynamics of brooklyn heights. There will be more bars, restaurants, and less parking. Overall the neighbors are rejoicing.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    There will be more bars, restaurants, and less parking. Overall the neighbors are rejoicing.

Yeahhh!!! Brooklyn heights will be fun to visit again!

• inkling
    inkling
    It's amazing what you can do with free labor.

Indeed:

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

hmmm... I didn't live there, but I did enjoy a delicious lunch there once.

I am glad it was sold. I think it was too nice a building to be WT property.

Is it wrong to rejoice at the dismantling of this once mighty empire?

The Oracle

PS: you ain't seen nothin yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit