District Overseer comments at CA reveal GB out of answers...

by still_in74 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mightyone
    Mightyone
    They taught me worthless things. Nothing they taught me was beneficial, and it was not accurate.

Sorry, I have to disagree. You must not have paid enough attention. I have supported myself with a well balanced lifestyle for many years, and still continue to do so. I have great kids, a loving wife, a nice home, in a great congregation. I am pretty sure that we were taught the same things. You just didn't listen. I suspect that you were too busy trying to appear like you were paying attention. If you had actually listened, all the things you mentioned were taught.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

Does anyone bother to come by and visit, maybe provide some spiritual support? Hell no.

Why even go there. If anybody had come by, what is the chance that you would be here right now talking about the busy-bodies that wouldn't just leave you alone.

• willyloman
    willyloman

anyone else hear this from the DO ?

Yes, I heard it every year from 1974 to 2003.

• saklunch
    saklunch

(He said: "who taught you about 1914? About the true identity of the FDS? Who taught you that god is not a trinity? Who taught you the truth about pagan Holidays and how to keep without spot from the world? etc etc. he went on like this for 3 or 4 minutes...)

Yes, I gave all of the above very serious thought before I decided to chuck every shred of information I had learned from the JW's in 35 years and start over from scratch!! They should really be careful what they ask..........what about the "truth" about the pagan origin of their organization, since they find it so vital to hang on to origins? I bet very few members actually know anything about the background of CT Russell or perhaps even his name - and where their "beliefs" actually stem from............"blind guides is what they are, both will fall into the pit". With all the info available on the net today, it is no wonder they are scrambling for control. .........but, Fear not, my brothers, you will always have a few Kool Aid drinkers...........

Sarah

• Mary
    Mary

anyway, at the end of Sunday the DO came about and went into a bit about all the things the org has done for us. It was as interesting as it was telling. It was directed towards all those that have "lost their sense of urgency" and dont take "direction" as seriously.

Hmmm.....can't imagine why that might be.

He said: "who taught you about 1914? About the true identity of the FDS?

No doubt we all learned it from the Craptower Society. But since it's easy to prove that both of these doctrines are completely false, their assertion that everyone should be 'grateful' for learning something that isn't true really is pointless.

Who taught you that god is not a trinity? Who taught you the truth about pagan Holidays and how to keep without spot from the world?

OK, the trinity one I agree with, but you can learn that from the bible---not the WTS. As for "pagan holidays", that's another joke. Since half of what we do in life originated from "pagan" practices, their assertion that not celebrating Xmas or Easter somehow gets you brownie points with God is another joke.

this seemed to be an admission from the WTS that they know the R&F are "bored" with the "truth". As if the GB are saying "yes we know we've made mistakes but look at all this other stuff we've done! If it wasnt for us you wouldnt know about any of this stuff!

this line of reasoning sounds like that of a man trapped in a corner, desperate for a way out, grasping at straws. this seems to correspond with recent Study Edition WT's lately too.

Yep. They know that no matter how much they brow beat the R&F, people just don't give a shit anymore and it's showing. What a shame.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, you could say Hitler and Mussolini did good things and some people do, but I don't think it outweighs the bad.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Why even go there. If anybody had come by, what is the chance that you would be here right now talking about the busy-bodies that wouldn't just leave you alone.

Actually, I wouldn't talk bad if someone did come by. Unfortunately, no one did, and now they all assume I've left "Jehovah" because I've stopped listening to the lies of the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit