District Overseer comments at CA reveal GB out of answers...

by still_in74 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• monophonic
    monophonic

kind of like, 'look, we got sadam out of power', but not bringing up the billions of $$ made on oil, etc. and conveniently forgetting the horrid dictators in African countries who are doing worse than what sadam did, but they don't have the oil.

wtbts is all about political spin. hopefully the internet and the continued information flow will seep into the consciousness of many jws so they can get out before they jump out of a building:

• monophonic
    monophonic

sorry, here's the link to the recent news article of the suicide at bethel:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_IdVJJUOIft0/SB-QF99mCWI/AAAAAAAAAFI/-NMQYV9mkO0/s1600-h/SUICIDE.jpg

aka, early retirement.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They taught me worthless things. Nothing they taught me was beneficial, and it was not accurate. I didn't need to be taught the Trinity as false (I never believed in it before becoming a witless, and now I figured it all out). The year 1914 was hogwash. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger was not the same "faithful and discreet slave" that the Bible talks about. Holidays? I used Google to find out that Christmas is actually a sun-worship holiday in origin, but I celebrate it anyways.

What they refused to teach me is things of practical value. How to attract the opposite sex--had they taught me useful things along that line, I might still be in just for that (and it would be some value to offset the cost I had to put up with while in). How to make a reasonable amount of money (a reasonable amount of money is enough so I could live in a decent house, in a decent neighborhood, and not have to do without the practical necessities and common luxuries that the average person enjoys). How to live in today's world. All the advice they gave in those areas was total crap--none of it worked, even slightly.

• yknot
    yknot
    So, the Governing Body has replaced Jesus as "The Great Teacher"?

undercover nailed it !!!

• shadow
    shadow

I thought services for suicides were forbidden at KH's???? Did Wheelock get a pass on that?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Like slaughtered sheep without anyone to cook them.

Quirky1

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

When I missed my CA this year, everyone was wondering where I was at. I told them: at HOME.

Does anyone bother to come by and visit, maybe provide some spiritual support? Hell no.

The GB has such a hold on these people, it's ridiculous. It may seem to most of y'all that the R&F are frustrated or saddened, but they're not. From personal experience, I still know quite a few Witlesses who are hardcore, and who take in everything they teach. The Tower is not done ruining lives yet...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Re monophonic's Suicide post...I Googled around (being rather shocked by the story) and found this in Barbara Anderson's story

My husband was the reason we were invited to Brooklyn Bethel. When visiting our son in March 1982, Joe greeted Richard Wheelock, a high-ranking Watchtower Society printing press supervisor, whom he had worked for in the 1950s. When Richard found out Joe was a plumber, he started the ball rolling to have us invited to come to live and work at headquarters. Incidentally, eight years later, on July 25, 1990, at 75 years old, Richard Wheelock committed suicide by stepping out of a third floor window in the building we lived in. He suffered from severe depression after his wife died five years previously.
  • still_in74
    still_in74
    "who taught you about 1914? About the true identity of the FDS? Who taught you that god is not a trinity? Who taught you the truth about pagan Holidays and how to keep without spot from the world?
    So, the Governing Body has replaced Jesus as "The Great Teacher"?

you know at first I just thought this was an interesting comment. But I have read this a few times, as simple as this seems - Undercover has raised a very good point. The depth with which we could ponder this is great. How much credit is the WTS really giving themselves here? Didnt Moses fail to give credit to God when he hit the rock and supplied water to the Israelites?
    If any other religious instition stood up and took credit like this what would the WTS print about that? This seemingly simple observation is actually quite intuitive.... Good point Undercover...........

• Mightyone
    Mightyone
    sorry, here's the link to the recent news article of the suicide at bethel

Correct me if I am wrong, but that article is about 18 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit