Suing the tower

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Doe
    John Doe

For anyone who claims this can be done, feel free to contact a lawyer and get some advice. What I see is a bunch of daydreaming and unrealistic thinking going on.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    For anyone who claims this can be done, feel free to contact a lawyer and get some advice. What I see is a bunch of daydreaming and unrealistic thinking going on.

Exactly. If the courts can't intervene in deaths caused for the blood ban issue, they certainly can't intervene in shunning. But hey, if you have a couple of million bucks to throw away, take'm on.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

In my mind, the important thing here is that even if it were work intensive and involved, the final outcome would send a huge message to JW's and the outside world. Door to door work would be a little different with that kind of publicity. And, what kind of message would it send to wbts if suddenly they have to be aware of how they treat people-whether the suit wins or not. Look at how the elders followed me for weeks before disfellowshipping me in a grocery store parking lot. Shouldn't they have felt some restraint before harassing me?

Involving JW's in a legal suit would be like 'suing' them in itself. Think of all the uncomfortable elders, pioneers and ministerial servants subpoena'd and forced to defend their ridiculous behavior in front of a roomful of people who DON'T understand.

One thing I know from the last eight years in court with my ex 1-people HATE to go to court especially if they have to testify, it's a very intimidating experience 2-the legal expenses incurred by the neccessary defense are a burden and a form of retribution all by itself.

I disagree that this should be looked at as though it's an impossibility. It's just an issue that would deserve time and planning, but you have to believe that some things are worth the effort.

Winning doesn't necessarily need to be a realistic goal. I fight with Environmental Groups all the time. They very seldom "actually" expect to win. Just playing the game.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good point Bring the Light.

If everyone in this country had a defeatist attitude, there would have been no civil rights laws passed, no voter reform, nothing.

It take people with a vision, with willingness, and some financial backing would help too.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm a fan of the phrase "put up or shut up."

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Fine,now shut up!!

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    I'm a fan of the phrase "put up or shut up."

Get me some evidence that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society burns coal somewhere, I'll get you rabid lawyers looking for publicity. Anybody consider the ACLU? Its an organization that I love in concept, get concerned about in practice. However their unbalanced zeal could be useful.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Individual suits would have to be won before you can even think about getting a class action going. A class action will never happen in a case like this. If people want to do something realistic, fine. However, daydreaming about something that will not work is neither constructive nor useful.

I maintain the opinion that people are a lot better off when they move in a positive direction instead of dwelling on a negative one.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Why don't you use your own advice and quit being negative in thread where people are trying to positively cause change?

If you are happy, then fine, but quit rubbing it in others faces who may not have been so fortunate as you.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    Why don't you use your own advice and quit being negative in thread where people are trying to positively cause change?

If you are happy, then fine, but quit rubbing it in others faces who may not have been so fortunate as you.

Ah, don't worry about him, poor bastard just hasn't learned the pleasures of seethe and revenge yet. Give him time. We were all like that once before we realized we DESERVE to be angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit