Anyone saw "Iron Man"?

by Reverend Warhawk 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

It rocked my world for a couple of hours. Great movie!

• avishai
    avishai

Totally kicked ass. One of the first to get it "right". I even (grudgingly) liked that jw apologist terrence howard in it.

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

yup, took the whole bunch to the movies including my 4 month old that would not even blink lol!

I had some doubts downey jr would be a good match for the character but nope :P

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I just noticed it at the theatre tonight, love to see it.

hope4others

• shell69
    shell69

Too my lad to see it Sunday. Thought it was brilliant, and he was on the edge of his seat. Seemed to me that this movie was about the making of Iron Man..... I hope there's a sequel!

On another note (not meaning to hi jack) Could I please recommend the film 'In Bruges' (Colin Farrell and Ralph Feinnes). I saw it about 6 weeks ago at a Film Mgrs meeting, but will be seeing it again today with hubby. Quite bloody, which is not normally my sort of thing, but so funny as well, and yet so serious...... if that makes any sense?

Shell69

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I saw it on joox.net. Pretty cool. Haven't seen it in the theater yet.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I thought his voice sort of feminine and lacked that military ring. Here's some of his "I would be a witness except I can't live by their rules." BTW didn't he leave his jw wife and get hooked up with a non-jw woman?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10320391

2007-08-30 09:11:33 alt 12 comments

Sex Rules Keep Terrence Howard From Being A Jehovah's Witness

Terrence Howard is still hoping to become a Jehovah's Witness - once he can control his sexual urges. The star studied to become a Jehovah's Witness when he was a teenager but turned his back on the church when he realized he'd have to give up sex until he was married.

He says, "That's where I had my troubles."

But newly-single Howard, who split with his latest girlfriend in July, hasn't given up on the religion, adding, "I'm still working hard at that one. I'll be a Witness one day, as soon as I can discipline myself in that area."

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/08/30/sex_rules_keep_terrence_howard_from_bein

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We saw it yesterday. Two thumbs up! Wait for the credits to finish at the end of the movie, there is a surprise.

Blueblades

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Saw Iron Man on Sunday. Not being familiar with the Marvel comics character, I had no expectations, except Robert Downey Jnr. I like him as an actor. The movie ran at a good pace, the baddies were evil, and clever too.

I enjoyed it. Lots of Audi's in it. Or was that my imagination????

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

BlueBlades, I saw that too... Don't want to give it away, but I think a follow on movie is planned......what does S.H.I.E.L.D stand for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit