Did you ever feel like a "Traitor" posting here?

by Dirty Rat 41 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

No, but I felt like a traitor once my doubts about JW teachings were confirmed by HQ, and I still kept trying to go to meetings and fit in........................oompa

• lancelink
    lancelink

I noticed that when I reached a certain middle- age, my spirituality really started to make itself known.
    I was a jw for over 30 years, and suddenly it started to make no sense to me.
    Basically it was many, many wtf is THIS! moments.
    So instead of going forward like the wtbts states, I started going backward.
    Thinking about my spiritual life from years ago,,,,, before I was a jw.
    I recently went to an all night May vigil at the local church, and guess what, I got more encouraged from sitting there thinking about the past, and what I used to believe than any meeting could have done for me !!
    I actually was THINKING about God, by myself, with no one pointing out to me what the wt believes, or states what we should believe, etc. and to stay in line with this thread, a certain amount of fear sometimes flirted thru my thoughts, but i thought what in the world is my problem ?

It is very obvious to me that God does not dwell in only one religion, if the elder body were to discover what I was doing, too bad,
    I finally started to grow a backbone.

A spiritual life is mine,only mine, and I'm really weary of uneducated fools who think that they are gods personal receivers and mouthpieces regarding his thoughts and what people should/should not do in every aspect of their lives.
    So no, I do not feel like a traitor, I really feel for the first time in my life that I am understanding what spirituality really is, and this site assists me in understanding how far off track some people have been pulled, or allowed themselves to disengage from their own personal feelings toward God.

As a final thought I recently heard this statement from st. Frances, think about it sometime by yourself with no one around :

• Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I felt a little guilty in the beginning but not anymore.

I'm hooked.

Have Fun!

Quirky1

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't start posting here until I had been announced as an official apostate who creates division among Jehovah's people in 3 or 4 local kingdom halls.

That means I was already a "Traitor" because I had sinned against the Holy spirit according to God's Mouthpiece up in NYC...

June 1, 1952 Watchtower magazine
    Page 349 paragraph 26

"Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period"

Those who fight Jehovah’s visible organization, upon which his spirit is manifest, sin against the holy spirit, unforgivably so.

• flipper
    flipper

I have never felt guilty posting here on JWD, nor felt like a traitor. We live in the good old U.S. of A. I believe freedom of speech is in the constitution ! I don't give a rat's ( no offense) a$$ what a mind controlling cult thinks of me posting here

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

June 1, 1952 Watchtower magazine
    Page 349 paragraph 26

"Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period"

Those who fight Jehovah’s visible organization, upon which his spirit is manifest, sin against the holy spirit, unforgivably so.

Those who fight Jehovah’s visible organization

This term is honestly starting to irritate me.

cheers!

hope4others

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The feeling eventually passed :)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hells no! What I feel is angry at the people who try to make us feel like traitors because we see through their b.s.!

• ninja
    ninja

not as much as I did when I paid my mortgage off by stealing from the contribution box at the KH.....but hey......I'll get over it

• megawatt
    megawatt

Absolutely.

Then of course you deconstruct what's called "the truth" and no longer feel the overwhelming guilt of not having god's approval for searching outside the Society. And to be honest, once in a while I get a little feeling of "what if", but that's years of programming making a last ditch effort to bring me back into "The flock". I'm proud of the fact on how fast I was able to let go once I figured out the scam, despite having my family involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit