The one thing that disturbs me the most about JWs. Why can't they see it?

by MinisterAmos 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• BFD
    BFD

Good point, gorgeous. Everyone has thier own take on it.

I don't ever recall whining on the web. I came to this site only to get advise regarding shunning. Call that a whine if you must. I was glad to find out that I am not alone. I dealt with the pain for a long time before I found this site.

BFD

• sspo
    sspo

In the book 1 or 2 Peter he encouraged christians to pray for the kings of the earth, did anyone ever hear any witness or CO or GB ever

pray for the kings? Never

It's all about themselves and forget the rest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All the time I was a witless, I have never heard a prayer for a worldly person, except perhaps that they will become witlesses. Every time there is trouble, they pray only for the witlesses that are affected and not the worldly people.

• real one
    real one

you are correct. they call themselves christians but they are the only christians they care about. a brother was talking about the Katrina thing in new orleans when they went out there to help witness only. this really bothered me but they were so proud.like you better be glad your a witness cause if not when disaster strikes we only help our own. sure

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha ha. Ya come here for one simple little thing and, 5000 posts later, here you still are. Not to be critical, but what are ANY of us doing? I've been around on these boards for 7 years now and - in all honesty - I'm not much better off than I was in 2001. Sometimes I think we trade one set of miseries for another and call the difference "good." It seems to me that we got into JWs because the worse someone else looks, the better we seem to look...and, when it comes to religion (or discussions about religion), things really don't change. Same poop, different day...different forum...different media...different building. If it's about change (heaven forbid)...what most of us are doing isn't working all that well.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Followers of a religion come together to worship,

followers of cults like the wt come together to be organised in uniformity..

the relationship to god is not the focus. Only the interest of the Society is what is considered and prayed for. The world is evil and doomed anyway.

In reality jws don't worship god, they serve the gb for free!

fts

• jambon1
    jambon1

They believe that we deserve to die. And a horrible death as well. Dishonoured with no burial. Our corpses eaten by wild animals. Why should they give a fark about praying for the rest of humanity when they have this hideous view of people.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yeah I noticed that when I was still in the organisation - and it bothered me. I used to pray for others when I said my own prayers but it was to get them into the faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit