how can we serve our loving father in the heavens?

by jehovahsheep 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board!

I am about as agnostic as you can get.

Have fun!

Quirky1

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm a goddess in training.

Happy Beltane!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Actually, church hopping is a good idea to try on different ones to gage the fit of your family and the social atmosphere. A good fit is important like good shoes. I found mine, but it isn't Christian. It teaches the same moral things, though. No sermons as I hate them. I found my home with Wicca after searching different Christian churches and others. It takes time to find a good fit.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, and I also go to the Unitarian Universalist church. It's a very positive atmosphere and is all inclusive.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

First thing: avoid all organised religion like the plague, as they are all riddled with false teachings, including the Watchtower religion.

Try reaching out to people casually and 'witnessing' informally about God and Christ, and also by your conduct and bible based moral lifestyle. And do some volunteer work to help the poor, sick, needy, lonely.

That's all you need to do.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Pagan wiccan here!! Serving the Mother Goddess!!

Blessed Beltane!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am currently an evolving Christian, who has yet to find a denominational home. However, apostolic, historic, Christianity is drawing me.

Welcome to the board.

BTS

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You could read his loving word the bible. Read it several times then become an atheist.

That is how atheist get new recruits.

Encourage bible reading.

But if you want to be an atheist. You really have to read the bible.

Not in a Christian, Jw sort of way.

Read it and understand it. And read the whole thing dont take it out of context or pick and choose the warm fuzzy parts.

Oh Newbie, I see this is your 5 post and you are new here.

Welcome to the board.

Dont let me scare you off.

It took me 25 years out of the tower and reading the bible cover to cover 5 times to get this way.

And I trully wish someone could convince me there is a loving God.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I took the Bible and began reading it from cover to cover and ended with Job. By doing that, I quit believing in the god of the Bible. I didn't even finish before I began seeing how horrible that god is.

I live by pagan moral standards that require me to do no harm to myself or others and always work good toward all. That is the golden rule Wiccan style. It's the same principle. I don't need a Bible to know to do good and live a moral life. Good morals is not just "don't sleep with anyone before you marry them." It's so much more. I also don't need the Bible's scare tactics in order to be good. I believe that we already have a moral system within us. We just need to know it's there to use it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The book of Job that always bumbed me out.

It's a real brain ficker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit