Certain Expressions That Are Silly

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Calling a car "she".

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

people that preface whatever they're talking about with 'this here' as in this here dog or this here house

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

..and what not. I never heard that till a few years ago. Now I hear it all the time and I catch myself saying it.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Close the loop, as in "We need to memo Bob on this so we can close the loop" Arghh!

Action item as in "Let's review our action items for the week...." Must...not...kill...puppies!

Bird Dog as in "If 'ol Steve doesn't quit bird doggin' this project he's gonna be in a mess of hurt" Head....exploding....

• undercover
    undercover

Another one that just gripes me...

Using the word "rims" for wheels, as in, "I gots me some new rims for my badass 74 Chevy Caprice".

And usually the word "bling" will not be far behind. Another word to bitch about.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I hate the term "hook(ed) up" when in reference to sexual activity.

"Off The Hook"-what does this even mean?

"That's What I'm Talkin' About"

"Baby Mama (Daddy)"

It REALLY chaps my hide when people pronounce the word "wash" like "worsh". AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

We have a local brewery in Portland called "Widmer". People always pronounce it "Windmeer".

Can't stand the term "hottie".

• ninja
    ninja

the light gets brighter

• ninja
    ninja

more like the shite gets riper

• undercover
    undercover

Well, if we're gonna talk WT expressions...

I never understood why the word "party" was so offensive...we always used "get-together" or "gathering" instead.

• still_in74
    still_in74

this system..............................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit