Whats wrong with obeying God?

by real one 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Real one, do you honestly think it is your calling to preach? To convert people to your way of thinking? I've mentioned once before that is important first to understand and only then be understood. Plus the way you tell people to beware and all that kinda thing isn't the most loving way to approach it. Perhaps you are sincere or perhaps you're taking the micky.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it's God's will to use my God given intelligence and intuition to figure out best live my life, reach my fullest potential and be of service to others. I don't think it's God's will to mindlessly obey an organization. So - there is nothing wrong with obeying God.

• exjdub
    exjdub

Real One:

This one's for you:

“When it comes to bullshit, big time major-league bullshit. You have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims... religion. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man… living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time... But he loves you... He loves you... He loves you, and he needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, yet somehow, just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more, now, you talk about a good bullshit story... Ho-ly shit!"
    -George Carlin

...exjdub

• winnower
    winnower

Real one: Your question is vague at best without having given a definition of "god". I do not believe in any god that would require a blood sacrifice. This is against the nature of a True Creator. (The implications of such has to do with changes made in the scriptures by the Nephilim, when the offspring lineage came to work as temple slaves and eventually began to have more responsibility, and later, authority. This blood thirsty god is not Our Father nor the father of Jesus.) Jesus did not come to earth with the exclusive purpose to "die for our sins." He came to this earth to teach us how to LIVE. He came to teach us how to behave toward one another. He came to raise man's consciousness. He came to teach us how to confront the evil against us. He came to let us know he was well aware of the miseries and tests we would face in this world, but for some reason it had to run its course. He also gave us promises of reassurance that one day all would be rectified and we would have a chance to enjoy what the True Creator had hoped for us originally. He was killed by forerunners of a group that still exists today. An evil satanic group. When you focus on "jesus died for our sins" you completely negate what he came and LIVED for. Can you explain what sense it makes to you that "jesus died for our sins"? Please articulate what that really means. Can you explain why a Creator would require the destruction of a creation he supposedly loves? Please be articulate about that, too. And PS...there is no rapture. You are going to be stuck here going through hell with the rest of us. Will you die or will you survive it? One thing for sure, none of us are so special that we get flown out before it happens. Oh yeah, some like you think you get out mid-way and the rest of us blokes will suffer. That's pretty arrogant too. It ain't gonna happen. Something tremendous DOES happen at the very end of the story. But you won't see any reprieve before then.

• winnower
    winnower

Steve 2 said: "The JW says it's Jehovah's will as revealed through his channel, Moslem's says its Allah, Catholics say it's God's word as interpreted by the Pope and on and on and on and on." My reply: interesting that you should put jehovah, Allah and the Pope all in one sentence. Here is is again. Pope Pushing Idea that Allah and Jehovah are the same God.

Issue Date: January/February 2000 In his weekly general audience in late May of 1999, Pope John Paul II addressed Muslims in a series discussing "interreligious dialog." He quotes from the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church n. 841 which states, "... together with us they (Muslims) adore the one, merciful, God." The pope and many other religious leaders today, who are being wooed into the ecumenical movement, are accepting the idea that the god of the Koran and the God of the Bible are one and the same. Here we can see the subtle beginnings of the oneness movement that is coming on. The philosophy that "all gods are the same" and that "all paths lead to god." My Bible says the road to destruction is broad and the path leading to righteousness is narrow and cramped. So, who will you believe folks? Oprah and the Pope? Or scriptures from a man who died because he told the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit