Whats wrong with obeying God?

by real one 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Whats wrong with obeying God?

Which god?

This is not a rebellious attitude. If God showed up and said "MissingLink I want you to .....", then I'd do it (as long it wasn't something too crazy like killing my children). But until he does show up, all we have are a thousand different flavours of pretend gods. What do you suggest - roll a dice and start obeying whatever list of rules you end up with? Or perhaps whichever ones are most popular in the area where you were born?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Isn't it a bit odd that the biggest, most powerful thing in existence, it's existence is in question? People who have been searching the heavens w the most powerful telescopes for life, any life, even gods, fail to detect any sign of your god? Why does your god play hide w them? Are those searchers so unworthy?

Why cannot your god loosen his tongue anew to clear up the controversy surrounding the bible? I know that you claim that he does talk to you. Perhaps, you are fortunate to be one of the chosen few. But, you have not shared the details so that they can be wieghed on the scales of reason. As a few people have commented, they would likely listen to god, if god really did speak to them.Can you blame those who have not heard from your god?

S

• real one
    real one

To obey God we must act in such a way that pleases God. We are born again or made new. We do not live after the flesh but are led by the Spirit of God. We must do God's will and if we earnestly accept his Spirit then we are on our way to accomplishing his will. our day to day lives must reflect godly ways.

Prayer is very important in this equation. Pray to God with a pur heart. Love one another is Jesus words. How do we love each other?

Fear God and keep his commandments.Ecc.12:,13-14

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Realone.......I see you've found another opportunity to PREACH to the CHOIR!!

NMg

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Real One. Can you love someone, and then command them to love you on pain of death? When you command someone to do something that you want, you take away their freedom of choice and freewill.

Real One, I command you to stop posting here. Do you feel and see your reaction to that command.

The ten commandments, the greatest commandment, must be obeyed or suffer pain of punishment and or death. If I obey out of fear, where is the freewill and love. And if I use my freewill to do otherwise, I must pay the price of rejection from the one who commands me.

Where is the love? That's why I question these words written in a book that is suspect as to them actually being the words of a god.

A god does not to need to command you or make you do anything that you don't want to do. That is why he gave you freewill to chose.

Man on the other hand likes to command people to do such and such. Those words were written by men, not a god. Hence no need to obey them.

Blueblades

• White Dove
    White Dove

Because some of us don't believe that the invisible rule maker and enforcer exists. Some of us have invisible friends and some of us don't. I don't have an invisible friend, and that's OK with me!

• oompa
    oompa
    Realsillyone: We do not live after the flesh but are led by the Spirit of God.

Thanks real, for sure I know I will obey God correctly when his Spirit starts leading. I guess I would certainly feel it or know it somehow. A burning bush would help, but I would settle for much less. Just give me little sign, maybe a cloud shaped like a cross....I don't even care if anybody else sees it. Wouldn't it be nice even we even had one original God written document....like the ten commandments....written on stone I believe. Where are they and why the heck couldn't God have written it all down on the inside of the Pyamids or something.....something permanant? Call me crazy, but I kind of like to be able to verify the author of a document I have to give obedience to...........................oompa

• changeling
    changeling
    God does not ask us to do unreasonable things.

"Worship me, or else I'll destroy you, even if you are a wonderful person. Oh, and don't forget: I love you."

Sounds pretty inreasonable to me.

changeling :)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Obey who?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

When God speaks to me and tells me what he wants me to do, and what he asks of me is reasonable, I will obey. Up to this point, no one can make that claim. No one knows what God's will is, or what his nature is, separate from what has been written about him by humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit