I love my parents but...

by mrsjones5 19 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

sometimes I wonder why I even try. Hubby just told me that my father and mother accused me of stealing a mug from their house when I visited them in October of last year.

My parents sent that mug to me in a box along with some other stuff when they moved to their current house close to four years ago. My husband knew this and defended me quite nicely but they took the mug with them when they left. I don't care about the mug cuz it wasn't my favorite and I hardly used it anyway, it just that they said something like that to my husband. I won't say anything to my parents, it's just another thing to file away (believe me the list is very long) as reason not to move back to California any time soon.

Josie

• oompa
    oompa

That is pretty nuts! Sorry for you. Maybe you can find 6 or 12 more just like it and sent them an entire freakin set since they love it so much!............oompa

• loosie
    loosie

that sounds like a good idea oompa.

not to move back to California any time soon

Ca is a big place. you can live there and not ever see someone.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I moved across the country to get some freedom and improve our relationship. It estranged my mom from me but I feel better anyway.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

You should have someone prank call them pretending to be the police. The police need to know your whereabouts because you are highly suspected of being the ringleader of a Mexican mug heisting cartel. You are considered armed and dangerous and anyone with any information should contact the cops immediately. Make sure the prankster includes the story about how you rolled an old woman in her apartment, stole all of her mugs and even some ceramic cat figurines she made while she was in a convalescent hospital.

er

• Balsam
    Balsam

I don't know how old your parents are but I know from my own experience with my own parents and myself as I age we get so forgetful. Sadly my parents did that to me when they were in their 80's giving me stuff then saying I took it. It is senility at it's best and the fact our memories don't work all that well. I've found myself doing it to my kids and I'm in my mid to late 50's. So try to be understanding they may be just forgetting and honestly don't remember. If they are suspicious by nature it will only get worse as time goes on and they age.

Ruth

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My grandmother lived to be 106. When she was in her late 90s, she started accusing people of stealing things. She swore up and down that my aunt stole a ruby ring from her. For weeks, that's all she talked about. We found the ring in the bottom of a trunk long after she died. Old people get weird. If I ever start accusing people of stealing toilet paper, just shoot me.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

its true.old people get weird..try to overlook it if you can.

• Casper
    Casper

So sorry you are having to deal with such treatment...

My parents haven't gotten to that stage yet. So if that had happen to me, I would have to call them on it and ask, "What the Heck...?"

I am sure they will get there soon tho, since they are both in their seventies, I dread that.

Cas

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Years ago, I bought some stuff at my mother-in-laws house.

Later she was at my house and saw the old butter churn I had bought. She accused me of stealing it, and took it back.

A few months later she gave it to me....she said since I liked it so much. (whatever) I still have it though

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit