******* Are you much healthier, now that you're out? *******

by FlyingHighNow 36 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Switch
    Switch

I'm like Xena - concentrating on the bodily training now. Hopefully, my mental and emotional state will improve soon and I'll have a kick-@ss body to boot.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, thanks for continuing to add to this thread. I think I'd be much better off had I not have been a JW, healthwise. But at least I've been healthier since leaving.

• Quester55
    Quester55

I've noticed something very interesting. When I totally believed in the doctrines, ideas, and opinions of the JW's I was always feeling depressed, as if I had a squeezing feeling in my stomach. I could never do enough, or be spiritual enough. I would go to the meetings and never miss one, sick, well, tired, or bored. I was always there. I've noticed that when I stay away from the meetings I am happy as a lark, I sing, and I feel good about life, positive and my outlook is bright. When I go to the meetings, I get the feeling of dread, fear, like something is going to catch me and punish me. I love Jehovah and Jesus, but I DO NOT have any use whatsoever for the opinions of humans. I guess I am a maverick. But I believe the "Bible: Salvation is a free gift, no amount of field service, meeting attendance or comments at meetings is going to get a person saved. Salvation is free. We cannot earn it. Why or why can't the JW's understand that?!?

But yes, I work out every morning, I go out to clubs with friends, I dance, I meet interesting people, I drink in moderation, and YES, I am enrolling in the University of Phoenix. (It'll get me to my degree quicker than if I go the traditional route) I think I will forgo the 'wanna get married thingy" and just concentrate on getting an education, a good-paying job, and a decent apartment. ( perferably one close to the beach) During the early weeks and months of my divorce, I used to go out to the beach all the time, I find comfort in the ocean. It calms me and helps me to write. The friends told me, " You need to stop running out there to that beach, you should be out in field service!" I just hung the phone up, 'cause If I'd have said one word, I'd have been in a JC meeting. The sister has since then apologized for being insensitive, but the damage has been done. I see that all the JW's care about is making a quota of hours, placing magazines and getting told to either, "Get off my porch!" to getting the door slammed in their faces. Just a thought, didn't Deborah, a prophetess in Israel sit under a palm and the children of Israel sought her out to make inquiry doesn't that mean that those whom God touches and moves will come, under inspiration of Holy Spirit to seek wisdom, knowldege.?

Why do we go door to door, if Jehovah already knows who are going to respond to the message and who isn't why do we insist on knocking on the doors of strangers and being bascially obnoxicious to people who don't agree with us? I don't do holidays. never have, never will. I remember what an older lady said to me one day, I was out in service and knoched on her door, she told me, "Baby, I don't have any problem with what you people do, but why do you wait til a holiday to disturb me when I'm trying to enjoy my family? And your message is telling me that I'm wrong for enjoying my family and I should give it up...?" Well, after being ":put on blast" like that, I've never again went out on a so-called 'worldly holiday'

What do you all think?

• Robdar
    Robdar

My father was an elder. BIG stress growing up. I was so thin and nervous when I lived at home. Still have anxiety but, thankfully, am no longer skin and bones.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My father was an elder. BIG stress growing up. I was so thin and nervous when I lived at home. Still have anxiety but, thankfully, am no longer skin and bones

robyn, I've only seen avatar pics of you, but from what I could tell, you are a striking woman.

• caliber
    caliber

Quester55

I love Jehovah and Jesus, but I DO NOT have any use whatsoever for the opinions of humans.
    Salvation is a free gift, no amount of field service, meeting attendance or comments at meetings is going to get a person saved. Salvation is free. We cannot earn it.
    I see that all the JW's care about is making a quota of hours, placing magazines

These three thoughts I believe show the strength of you mental health, your physical and emotional health must simply follow !

You are away ahead in the game ! These are fairly simply truths but most all of us have been blinded by time, circumstances

and that bright shiny hope, at one time or other .

Caliber

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Completely and totally. The sense of guilt I always felt, and the feeling that I wasn't doing enough, these things took a toll on me. I don't know where I stand on God and Jesus now, but it's liberating to know I can live life on my own terms while trying to figure it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit