******* Are you much healthier, now that you're out? *******

by FlyingHighNow 36 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel like part of my life was hijacked. I like the before and after much better. And I glean, remember the word glean? I glean the best memories from the JW years and savor those. Attitude? Yes, infinitely better.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Was in for nearly 30 years suffered stress and exhaustion all the time. It took about a year but my health is better and mentally feel awesome and great. I have a good social group to hang with.

Ruth

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am glad most of you seem to be in better health. I think if I'd have stayed in, I'd be pushing up daisies by now. That or in a padded cell in the Cuckoo's Nest.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

blood pressure down

• Xena
    Xena

Yep. Both mentally and physically. Now it's ok for me to indulge in all the "bodily training" I like and expand my mind by learning and questioning things.

How could I not be healthier?

• zensim
    zensim

Physically - absolutely!

Emotionally - definitely!

Mentally - well I think I am - and that's the point isn't it - 'cos they're not in my head anymore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I feel about the same physically, except that I get fewer headaches (from being too tired because of being at the Kingdumb Hell and out in field circus, disrupting sleep time). I have definitely lost my dread of getting disfellowshipped (however, it has been replaced with an equally bad dread of one day getting physically recaptured and forced back into the Washtowel Slaveholdery).

Stresswise, I no longer dread Christmas time. I now enjoy the (what few) Christmas lights happen to go up, and the Christmas music. And I no longer call it a weakness to remember when my birthday comes along.

• by grace
    by grace

I am much healthier. I had been diagnosed with Grave's Disease (Hyperthyroid) which is an auto-immune disease. That's where your body attacks itself for an unknown reason. Huh, it mysteriously "went away" after I left the WTS. Imagine that!! For some reason, sitting around, waiting for the end of the world, for the majority of mankind to be killed, so that I could actually live a happy life made me SICK. Interesting!

When we got the new lab results that it was "gone," the doctor said, "stress can really do a number on you physically." I'm thinking, yeah, it sure can! I think of the WT as another full time job I used to work because of all the meetings, preparations, studying, etc. that I did. Thank you all for the part you played in helping me to find out what the bOrg really is.

• caliber
    caliber

Things didn't turn out the way they were supposed to , or did they ? You must take life the way it comes

at you and make the most of it . It's a learning experience, it's about adaption and readjustment ... never

forget to count your blessings

Caliber

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think I am physically the same, but I think I am damaged socially and perhaps emotionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit