I hate being alone ...

by easyreader1970 17 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Many times I read the life stories of former JWs. Some of these JWs are or have been married. Sometimes their spouses share their doubt about the religion and at times they leave the "truth" together or months or years apart.

I know that this is not the case for most people. For the most part, one family member leaving the Organization leaves a trail of fire and destruction so horrible that what remains of the family is no longer recognizable. Still, I can't help but feel a bit jealous sometimes when I read biographies where the husband/wife relationship is stronger than the stranglehold that the WBTS has on people. It makes me angry.

I'm just whining, I know.

er

• wings
    wings

whine away....I understand. I don't like being alone either.....

wings

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Just remember you're not alone... We're here..and we're going through the exact same thing. Just got off the phone with my JW wife in a big fight since I stubbornly reject JWs beliefs.... It's the same thing day in and day out.

A@G

• DJK
    DJK

Your not alone.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I don't like being alone either.....

Me either. But here I am. Alone.

However, it sure beats being miserable and feeling stuck.

-Aude.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I understand completely. I spend a great deal of time alone since I lost my wife to the cult. Sometimes it's actually quite nice, but other times it can be very depressing. Try and find some new interests, you can change your situation. Personally, when I get down, I like to exercise the freedom I didn't have as a JW. Usually that takes the form of watching a movie that would have been unacceptable to them. One of my favorites is "Lucky Number Slevin." It's packed full of gratuitous sex and violence. I find that very cathardic.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Yep, what Aude said,

It still beats being stuck and miserable!

• Casper
    Casper

Easyreader,

WE care....

Feel free to vent, or just let it all out, so many here are, or have been in your position.

You are not alone ... You have us...

Cas

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hey Easy & A@G - No it can be difficult being the outsider. Like of said before on other threads is that you have to reconnect and keep active and just hope that one day they wake up from the slumber like you did.

I am kinda in the same boat. My wifes in I'm out. I just keep busier than a three legged cat in a litter box. Drink beer and cuss with my nonJW family.

So far her going to the meetings allows me to be a little more me. I kick back have a cold one on jump on JWD and take it one day at a time.

Quirky1

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I felt the same way untill I click on the add for the single chinese ladies at the bottom of the screen and I should be recieving my new bride in the mail and day now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit