I have a theory regarding Elders

by Peppermint 39 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom always taught me that we should always trust the elders implicitely(sic) and that they have our wellbeing in mind. With the blood issue, they literally hold our lives in their hands. Yes, it is implied that we are to trust them with out lives as they are being guided by Jehovah. I'm not in anymore, but I grew up with that implication pounded into me.

• Trickie
    Trickie

Should we trust the elders in a spiritual sense? Yes, they are directed by God. Should we trust them with our lives physically? NOO! And the blood issue has nothing whatsoever to do with the elders, its a commandment made by God.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Trickie--

Think what you will......if the elders can't be trusted all the way around......then how can they be directors of Jah's??

Hum...imperfect men.....imagine that!!

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Should we trust the elders in a spiritual sense? Yes, they are directed by God. Should we trust them with our lives physically? NOO!

Sorry...this doesn't make sense. If you think an elder is spiritually strong and guided by Jehovah's spirit, then you should

be able to trust him in your physical presence or trust him to pick your 11-year old up for meeting night when you're feeling ill.

No offence, but you aren't sounding very logical.

• Trickie
    Trickie

*sigh* Well whatever, I just stumbled upon this forum while doing research on dinosaurs and the bible. Didnt realize that this was a haven for people to justify their reasons for leaving Jehovah by exchanging stories in an attempt to feel not so guilty for their decisions. Bottom line it takes a leap of faith to become one of Jehovah's people and trust in him just as it is a leap of faith to say that him and his people are wrong. Ironically enough you guys have got me excited about going back (which ive been wanting to do anyways) In my years ive met several people/families that are REAL Jehovah's Witnesses that are loving, fun, and spiritual and don't lose sight of things and get caught up in all the rules and protocols and whatnot which is what a lot of witnesses/elders do. And i'm going to join them and encourage others to join us too, the REAL witnesses. Well guys, I wouldnt wallow in your sadness for too long, dont let it distract you, brush it off and continue living life. thats all you can do. good luck guys.

• journey-on
    journey-on

See...there you go right off the bat assuming people left Jehovah when they left the WTB&TS.

God does not = WTB&TS

Stick around and you might get some REAL spiritual education, Trickie.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$.....you already have your mind made up!!

I, for one, don't wallow in it. If I can save one person the pain I went thru.........it's all worth it!!

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks, Trickie same to you.

Just one thing. It does not take a leap of faith to know the WTS is making it up as they go along. It takes research. No faith involved to conclude the WTS are not God's people.

Funny that we all are anyway.

BFD

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'll tell you like I told the last elder and his wife that visited. The information is out there....and I'm not talking about

apostate websites. Although, just because something is labeled apostate, that does not mean it isn't true.

Anyway, the information is out there to study and learn for yourself. The real question you need to ask yourself

is: "Do I have the spiritual integrity and love of the father to set aside doctrines of men and put faith in the Holy

Spirit to guide me to Truth....real truth." I believe they are being separated right now....those that like their ears

tickled and embrace the doctrines of men and those that "hear" with "hearing ears" and "see" with "seeing eyes."

Which one are you?

• White Dove
    White Dove

The blood issue has nothing to do with the elders?! Just who does the enforcing of NO BLOOD? If a JW takes blood, just who is it that decides that that person DA'd and who announces it from the platform? Who conducts the JUDICIAL (judging) committees for those who decided that they didn't want to die to preserve a symbol (Christ's blood)? The elders are too having everything to do with the blood issue. Who OK's what is written about it in the publications? Hmm?????? The Governing Body does. What are they made up of? ELDERS. Without elders, my friend would still be a JW. She is alive for taking blood. The elders say that she DF'd herself. That is bull$hit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit