I have a theory regarding Elders

by Peppermint 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mosol
    mosol

Trickie,

If you just stumbled onto this web site, while looking for dinosaurs or what not, then how did you know that they have been dwelling on the pediphile issue? It seems Trickie, that something is ascew. If you want to go back to the TRUTH, perhaps you should stop LYING first. Just an observation. Read Raymond Franz books first before you stand in judgement of us.

• Gordy
    Gordy
    Should we trust the elders in a spiritual sense? Yes, they are directed by God. Should we trust them with our lives physically? NOO!

Obviously you must be a new or young JW. Those of us who have spent 30 years and more in the WT organisation. KNOW what we were told on how to regard Elders. Its naive to say that you can trust an Elder in a spiritual sense but not physically. If you can't trust them with your physical life how can you trust them with your spiritual life. You had better read up on the WT qualifications for an Elder then. These were men you were supposed to feel SAFE with. That they were NOT like men in "the world" someone you could SAFELY leave your child with.

And the blood issue has nothing whatsoever to do with the elders, its a commandment made by God.

WRONG again! The blood issue is a commandment from MEN, not God. One that has been watered down through the years and will probably be dropped in the future.

• Frank75
    Frank75
    Trickie - WHITE DOVE - NEVER are you told to trust Elders or anybody in the org with your life and NEVER should you even do so. They themselves say that everybody is imperfect, dont ever leave your kids alone with ANYBODY thats just dumb.

Trickie - NOT TRUE!

I once felt as you did and argued out of both sides of my mouth in defense of the lunacy of so called "elders". Most are just snot nosed kids age wise with little life experience. There "appointing" has nothing to do with God or holy spirit but everything to do with politics and ass kissing.

Arguing the difference between physically trusting them and spiritually so is a distinction without a difference and has been shown by Gordy to be utter nonsense!.

Here is one very recent position of the WT on Trusting Elders.

w033/1p.17par.17TrustinJehovahWithAllYourHeart***

In addition, trusting in Jehovah means trusting those whom he trusts. For example, Jehovah has arranged for "the faithful and discreet slave" to care for the earthly Kingdom interests. (Matthew 24:45-47) We do not try to go it alone, and we do not ignore that appointment, for we trust in Jehovah’s arrangement. Further, elders serve in the local Christian congregation and, according to the apostle Paul, are appointed by holy spirit. (Acts 20:28) By cooperating with the elder arrangement in the congregation, we also show that we trust in Jehovah.

That is one of the most clever deceptions the WT has used in twisting scripture to suit their ends. The bible advises in many places not to trust men.

Here the WT redefines what trusting Jehober means to dubs.....trusting men, the GB and so called "Elders"!

I like the line "according to Apostle Paul". So it is his fault these cranks are out there wreaking havoc on people. It is easy to prove with his own writings that he would condemn JW's as modern-day false prophet, and arguably the greatest one of our time.

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75
    Trickie - Should we trust the elders in a spiritual sense? Yes, they are directed by God

This is a very shallow statement. When JW's do something good it is always evidence of Jehobers spirit or blessing. However bad things, such as the pedophile scandal which involves countless "Elders" who are supposed to be directed by the "Holy Spirit" it is dismissed as insignificant or attributed to Satan. Or as you say no different than other large organizations which you would also point out ARE NOT directed by this HOLY SPIRIT!

Recently I was chatting with my nephew who was raised a JW. He got involved with drugs and petty crime, went to juevy and then adult prison. Most of his problems resulted from having an inattentive and abusive father who is in good standing in the JW community. Recently down on his luck he has moved back home and been forced to attend JW meetings in exchange for room and board. He has quit hard drugs, quit smoking and hanging with so called "bad kids". (He admitted that he still has a joint now and then) He gives the credit for quiting and getting his life relatively under control to the JW's.

I reminded him that he was a JW when he got involved with those vices. He said yeah so what's your point. The point is that the religion cannot be given credit for getting him off those vices without also taking responsibility for him getting on them in the first place.

Frank75

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Alpaca,
    "Since were chatting, it has always amazed me that the Brits, being such rational people could have fallen so hard for such an All American religion--what's up with that?"

This reminds me of the District assembly when the dramas came on overflowing with Americanisms, you could sense discomfort in the audience.

• White Dove
    White Dove

American-isms? Since I'm an American, before becoming an adult, I had no idea we were different from the rest of the world as Americans. This is interesting. I've never thought about -isms before. What are some American-isms? OK, I know the English like to say "jolly good" and "bloody this or that" but what do Americans say that is unique to...us? By the way, "bloody" to English is like what to Americans? I've always wondered why bloody is a bad word over there.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, and "bitch" over here NEVER means a female dog. It's a relatively bad word for a mean and/or selfish woman over here.

Hey, am I a hi-jacker?

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"American-isms? Since I'm an American, before becoming an adult, I had no idea we were different from the rest of the world as Americans. This is interesting. I've never thought about -isms before. What are some American-isms? OK, I know the English like to say "jolly good" and "bloody this or that" but what do Americans say that is unique to...us? By the way, "bloody" to English is like what to Americans? I've always wondered why bloody is a bad word over there."

Not sure if I should get into this as its bound to cause offense somewhere but here go's. The americanisms I mentioned and had in mind are more the style of speach and type of content then the actual meaning of words.

To my mind Americans are a bit whiny and shrill in the way they speak, and also things come across a little sickly especially the dramas. But apart from that I think your all bloody lovely.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it is to sanitize the book study comments. They already did that with the Washtowel comments, by telling the conductors to stay on topic and not allow personal comments. They did that with the Circus Meeting, too. The Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" is also dumbed down, with the #2 talks being a straight reading instead of having a break for commentaries (besides often being a reading of the Washtowel instead of the Bible). Now, they are doing the same with the book study by shortening it.

And yes, I am standing by my prediction that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to hound people out in field circus that evening (which could have been a secondary reason). That will hit people while they are trying to enjoy their dinner and relax after work. I would never expect the God machines to be given the night off.

• mosol
    mosol

Just got my American citizenship. Am originally from Canada, british grandparents. Could not here the Canadian accent for 3 years. You know what I'm saying, ism. Ya, all, come back now. Well, shoooot. Don't give me no attitude. One of my favorites, eh. They are far more outspoken and blunt, rude, really. Have trouble listening to critique, but not in giving it. They are quite contentious and bull headed as a whole. The racial thinking is extreme. Would not have moved here if I'd known. Too old to start over now. The health care system is horrendous, just don't take care of their own. It's a great place to live if you have a good job, which we do. But hell on earth if you lose it. Tax wise, financially less cost of living than Canada. Hope I didn't offend anyone, just my observations in the last 12 years. Most americans don't get offended by this, they know it's true. Another thing I found quite strange is that it seems to be cool to be uneducated and speak poor grammar. The educated are persecuted. Poverty seems to be cool to them as well. The hillbilly image portrayed on tv is quite unexagerated. And they seem to really love their guns and hunting. Am homesick for my Canadian society, never really appreciated it till I lost it, eh. They're polite, funny, quite spoken, speak good english, appreciate education, and dislike violence and fighting. eh. (There's always exceptions in any society of course.) If I could afford to I would move back. Of course the states have palm trees, can't beat that. I miss being near my family as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit