• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome!

Enjoy the forum!

fts

• Open mind
    Open mind
    am a little weirded out to even be posting on here (you know the paranoia).

Yep. My fingers were trembling the first time I posted. Musta been the demunz.

Embarrasing looking back on it now.

Welcome to the board. Consider it very cheap, very good therapy.

OM

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Welcome Learning more and more and more...

I've just been on this site for a little over a month but it has been key to my maintaining my sanity as I exit the JWs.....Not an easy task!

Congrats on going from lurker to poster.. That's an accomplishment there.

If you've been out for a while, then generally the elders won't touch you (per society's instructions in the elder's book)

Welcome again!

A@G

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome aboard.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome LM

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

howdy howdy howdy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Learning More.

Sylvia

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Thanks for the welcome everyone. After 10 years of fading, I never was tempted to look at an "apostate" site. Then, I was home sick one day, and googled "young marriages + jehovah's witness" (one of my pet peeves) and this site came up. I was so nervous to read anything, but then I got hooked. I was amazed that there were so many elders, bethelites, and even Gilead-ites posting.

Awakened at Gilead:
    "If you've been out for a while, then generally the elders won't touch you (per society's instructions in the elder's book)"

I hope this holds true. My "worldly" fiance suggested that since I've gone to memorial (for my mom's sake), maybe I would still be considered a witness. However, I went to the memorial out of my hometown, and I didn't say a word to anyone there. I am sure they thought I was a disfellowshipped person. LOL. But, I am getting married in my hometown, and a few old witness friends may attend. I am just trying not to worry about it. If they really want to df me, okay, fine. I won't be showing up for the jc. In all reality, I don't think they will try to "catch" me. And, if they did try to get me to come to a jc, I think it would be a big stumbling block for my mom.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit