New Here

by LearningMore 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a couple of months. I was born and raised as a witness, and am a little weirded out to even be posting on here (you know the paranoia). Anyway, I faded about 10 years ago, and after reading so many posts, I am so happy that it was a pretty uneventful experience. My dad was never a witness, and my congregation was dissolved at the same time I started to fade out. So, all in all, it couldn't have gone any better.

I still worry a bit about getting an out-of-the-blue call from the elders, but I now live in a different area and only my fiance and family know of my witness past. Even if I did get df'ed, my mom is liberal enough to still talk with me. I don't know if I ever really believed that it was the "truth." I don't even remember the year I got baptized nor the year I got reproved. I actually think I have learned more about the "truth" since I have been reading on this site. I just blindly accepted things and went on with my life. I got reproved (the jc was humiliating), and just decided that going to meetings was making me miserable, so I stopped. I don't remember any shepherding calls after that or anything...just poof.

My fiance doesn't quite understand my fascination with this board, but then, he was never a witness. It really does "take one to know one."

Thanks for letting me share.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome.

• wings
    wings
    It really does "take one to know one."

You got that right. We are a bunch who know about it.

If you are still feeling uneasy about being in a place like this....just hang out for a bit, it is probably what you need.

Welcome

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Learning More. We are glad you are here.

You said:

It really does "take one to know one."

Yes, no one else could ever completely understand. I guess that is why I come here so often. It helps.......

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Welcome LM!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. Happy May Day and First Day.

Even though you have really nothing to lose, you still worry about elders calling you
    out of the blue. That's how horrifying a Judicial committee is. Yours made such a
    negative impact on you that you stopped going to the meetings.

I am glad you have successfully moved on from it. Whatever made you come here,
    just watch out because it's habit-forming. Many of us have reason to hang
    around because we do have loved ones still in some have been shunned or treated
    badly. You too, have a loved one still in, so take all the good you can from this site.

• JK666
    JK666

LM,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• yknot
    yknot

alt To JWD

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hello

Peace to you and yours....Welcome aboard.

Jeff

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

To jwd!

and am a little weirded out to even be posting on here (you know the paranoia

Same here, first few times or so is like your looking over your shoulder to see who's looking, you will get comfortable soon enough.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit