2 Milestones for Me This Week.

by AudeSapere 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Between yesterday and today I've hit two milestones in my life.

#1. I finally registered to vote!! I just kept putting it off. Wasn't sure where to go and what to do. Then yesterday a friend was talking to me on the phone and while we were talking, his 18-year-old son was filling out a voter registration form that was mailed to him. He made a flippant comment that I (me) needed to register, too. "Where do I do that??" "Well, duh!! I'm pretty sure you can do it online." And you know what? He was right! I googled 'California Voter Registration', clicked the link: http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm and 4 minutes later I had completed my application. Yay me!!

If only there was a candidate that I really felt good about...!

#2. Today is the 10 year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis. My cancer diagnosis and treatment changed me and my life in so many good ways. It's a story I've told here in bits and pieces. My personal cancer story is ironically incredibly life-affirming for me. I share my story pretty readily to those who ask and want to hear it but haven't put the whole thing in writing yet. Maybe I will for my 50th anniversary!

I know that there is aften a big difference (emotional growth and maturity) in normal people from age 37 to age 47, but in those years I conquered a huge health obstacle - at what should have been the prime of my life - and left the psychological control of a cult masquerading as god's sole channel of communication on earth.

My life is far from perfect. But it's pretty damned good. When I want to treat myself, I really just need to remind myself to take advantage of some of the most simple pleasures in life. Those seem to be the sweetest and when I do, I find myself delightfully peaceful and happy.

I'm only about 15 miles from the ocean. Tonight seems like a perfect night to take a little ride, stand in the sand and bask in one of the most simple and profound pleasures on earth.

See y'all tomorrow. Thanks for being such a huge support for me these past few years. It's made a huge difference in my life - all for the better. Thank you!

-Denise.

• carla
    carla

I'm glad your well and in a good place all around!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am very happy for you. Soak in the power and peace of the ocean. You deserve it.

momz

• *summer*
    *summer*

Your words are so uplifting!

Enjoy the powerful ocean energy...a most simple and profound pleasure indeed:-)

Wishing you the very best...today and always*

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Way to go on your milestones.

Don't worry about there being no great candidates.
    Just keep celebrating your milestones and adding to them.

• changeling
    changeling

Congrats!

I liked what you told oompa, by the way...

changeling :)

• Casper
    Casper

So Happy for you...!!!

Enjoy,

Cas

• Quandry
    Quandry

Glad things are going great for you.

Enjoy the ocean. I always find it soothing and calming. We can all use a bit of that in our lives.

I need to look into the voting thing.

• Free
    Free

Definitely going to vote, First time also. Health issues open hearts and minds and may you have many more positive milestones to come. Free

• alamb
    alamb

Congratulations! You've been a light to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit